New Materials market report from Timetric: "Base Metals Mining in the Philippines to 2020 - a Focus on the Nickel Industry"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/09/2014 -- Nickel among other base metals is the major commodity produced in the Philippines. In 2013, the country's nickel mine production was up by 6% over 2012. The country's average nickel mine production more than tripled in 2006 to 92,700 metric tons accounting for around 3.7% of global nickel mine production according to the USGS. The substantial growth in production was mainly due to higher prices on the global market and a surge in demand that started during the second quarter and continued until the end of the year.
- The major mining companies in the Philippines consider the Indonesian ban on exports to have a positive impact on nickel mining in the country. However, a decrease in foreign investors and negative local environmental and socioeconomic effects are the key factors affecting the country's mining industry.
- The country's mining sector has barely contributed towards its economy. For the period 2008-2012, the sector contributed on an average of 0.8% annually. In 2012, it accounted for around 0.7% of GDP or about PHP20.5 billion (US$485 million) in the form of taxes, fees and royalties.
- Over the forecast period 2014-2020, the Philippines's nickel mine production is expected to post a CAGR of 8% to reach 631,439t by 2020.
- The Philippines' nickel mining industry is dominated by the following companies: Nickel Asia Corporation, Benguet Corporation, Toledo Mining Corporation plc, and Century Peak Metals Holdings Corporation.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report contains an overview of the Philippines' base metals mining industry together with the key growth factors and restraints affecting the country's base metals mining industry. Further, it provides information about reserves, production, prices, competitive landscape, and major active, exploration and development projects. Also included is the country's fiscal regime, which includes governing bodies and relevant laws, mining rights and obligations as well as key fiscal terms.
Reasons to Get this Report
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Nickel Asia Corporation, Benguet Corporation, Toledo Mining Corporation, Century Peak Metals Holdings Corporation
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Base Metals Mining in Australia to 2020
- Base Metals Mining in Indonesia to 2020
- Precious Metals Mining in Australia to 2020
- Precious Metals Mining in Uzbekistan to 2020
- Focus Minerals Ltd. (FML) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Sirius Resources NL (SIR) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Precious Metals Mining in Indonesia to 2020
- IMX Resources Limited (IXR) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Mirabela Nickel Limited (MBN) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Focus Ventures Ltd. (FCV) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile