New Materials market report from Business Monitor International: "Botswana Mining Report Q2 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/20/2013 -- We are positive on the outlook for Botswana's mining sector over our forecast period, to 2017. Diamond output will remain the mainstay of Botswanan mining production, boosted by new projects being planned by both Gem Diamonds and Lucara Diamond Corp.; however, key mining projects, such as Discovery Metals' Boseto project, are also being developed in the copper, uranium and coal sub-sectors. Botswana's mining sector is on course for stable growth over the next few years and we forecast the sector to average 2.3% growth from 2012 to 2017, reaching a value of US$5.86bn by 2017.
Diversification The Priority
Botswana has been stepping up efforts to diversify its mining sector, with the government aiming to develop production of non-core minerals, including, coal, copper and precious metals. Our expectation for a continued slow recovery in the US and Europe, two of the main export markets for Botswanan diamond production, will hinder growth in the country.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Mining Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- India Mining Report Q2 2013
- China Mining Report Q2 2013
- Angola Mining Report Q2 2013
- Canada Mining Report Q2 2013
- South Africa Mining Report Q2 2013
- Mining Quarterly Deal Analysis: M&A and Investment Trends - Q2 2012
- Kazakhstan Mining Report Q2 2013
- Sustainability in the Global Mining Industry 2012-2013 - Market Trends and Opportunities, Profitability and Budget Forecast, Mining Industry Procurement and Marketing Initiatives
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)