Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/16/2014 -- Canada has abundant natural resources, including iron ore, nickel, zinc, copper, gold, lead, molybdenum, diamond, silver, coal, petroleum and natural gas. The country's mining industry is governed by several departments and agencies of the provincial government. Canadian provinces have several separate governing laws regulating the mining industry.
- The Coal and Mineral Development Unit of the Department of Energy is responsible for the issuance and administration of exploration and production agreements for Alberta-owned coal.
- The Ministry of Energy and Mines holds the authority for mining activities in British Columbia. The Mining and Minerals Division is accountable for devising and implementing policies, regulations and programs.
- The Department of Natural Ressources is accountable for the development, management, conservation and protection of forests, minerals, parks and wildlife resources, and the administration of the province's Crown land.
- The Ministry of Northern Development and Mines is responsible for the development of mines in northern Ontario. It ensures healthy, competitive and sustainable development of the mineral industry in the province.
- The Ministere des Resources naturelles is responsible for providing information on the development and promotion of land and mineral resources in Quebec. It also ensures the development and rational utilization of forestry, mining and mineral resources.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report outlines Canada's governing laws, mining licenses and rights, key fiscal terms which includes royalty, annual rents, corporate income tax, provincial income tax, branch profit tax, withholding tax, capital gains, goods and service tax / harmonized sales tax (HST), depreciation and other provincial taxes.
Reasons to Get this Report
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- China's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Philippines's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Russia's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Australia's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Indonesia's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- South Africa's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Myocardial Infarction - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
- Parkinson's Disease - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
- Tuberculosis - Pipeline Review, H1 2014