Fast Market Research recommends "Central America Food & Drink Report Q2 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/10/2014 -- The region's economic trajectory remains divergent. Despite our expectations for slower real GDP growth in Panama in the next several years, it will remain the regional outperformer. On the other hand, we have a more mixed outlook for growth in the 'northern triangle' countries, with Guatemala likely to fare better than Honduras and El Salvador.
Headline Industry Data (regional averages)
- 2013 per capita food consumption (US$) = +3.35%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2014 to 2018 = +4.18%.
- 2013 alcoholic drink sales (litres) = +4.38%; forecast CAGR 2014 to 2018 = +2.30%.
- 2013 soft drink sales (litres) = +5.25%; forecast CAGR 2014 to 2018 = +2.71%.
- 2013 MGR sales (US$) = +4.43%; forecast CAGR 2014 to 2018 = +5.19%.
Key Company Trends
AmBev Expands In Guatemala: Drinks giant AmBev has announced a US$100mn investment in its Guatemalan infrastructure over the next three years. According to company officials, the investment is down to the ongoing growth potential of the Guatemalan drinks market as well as healthy growth in the sector in recent years. The investment will allow for greater innovation in the drinks market including the launch of new products and packaging.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Walmart Consolidates In Central America: In early 2014 retail giant Walmart announced that it is to invest MXN15bn in its Mexican and Central American operations in a bid to increase sales floor area and upgrade e-commerce technology. In Mexico, sales floor is expected to increase by 5% while in Central America it is expected to increase by 7.6%, signifying that the retailer's presence is to grow more substantially in Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua than in its traditional heartland of Mexico.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Caribbean Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Indonesia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Serbia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Kazakhstan Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q2 2014