Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/11/2014 -- BMI View: The re w as a marked uptick in data centre construction and ex pansion in 2013 in Latin America, and g lobal powerho uses such as Google and IBM have already made moves into Colombia . However, the country scores poorly in our Risk/Reward Ratings for the quarter, coming in at eighth out of nine markets in the Americas region as economic and political uncertainties weigh on the medium term outlook . We forecast total IT spending to reach COP6.8trn in 2014. With its established , mature market, the Colombian IT market is held back by the weakened peso and continuing political challenges facing the government.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: COP3.3trn in 2014, rising to COP4.9trn by 2018. Tablet sales momentum is strong, while adoption of Widnows8/8.1 shows continued demand for productivity oriented devices.
- Software Sales: COP1.1trn in 2014 to COP1.7trn by 2018. Government incentives for local software will boost the sector, and we expect the greatest demand from end-users to remain in basic solutions, such as enterprise risk management and supply chain management systems.
- IT Services Sales: COP2.4trn in 2014 to COP3.7trn in 2018. The cloud computing opportunity is attracting major investment, while adoption of services by government should broaden knowledge of the benefits and boost growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
The development of the cloud computing market in Colombia is forecast to accelerate in 2014 as global and regional vendors target the opportunity. For instance, in September 2013 IBM announced plans to invest USD17mn in a second datacentre facility, with the facility opened in April 2014. The new datacentre will be used to provide cloud computing and big data services to verticals including banking, insurance, healthcare, food and oil and gas. Meanwhile, Cisco Systems is another US based vendor targeting the Colombia opportunity. In February 2014 Cisco Systems announced plans to...
The Colombia Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Colombia Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Colombia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Philippines Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Sri Lanka Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q3 2014