Fast Market Research recommends "Denbury Resources to Acquire Cedar Creek Anticline Assets from ConocoPhillips for US$1.05 Billion: Denbury Plans to Use CO2 Enhanced Oil Recovery to Extract Oil from the Mature Fields - Deal Analysis from GlobalData" from GlobalData, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/24/2013 -- Denbury Resources, Inc. (Denbury) has agreed to acquire an interest in producing properties in the Cedar Creek Anticline (CCA) of Montana and North Dakota from a wholly-owned subsidiary of ConocoPhillips for a cash consideration of US$1.05 billion. The company intends to fund the acquisition cost with cash proceeds of US$1.3 billion received from its Bakken asset sale and asset exchange with ExxonMobil, which was completed in December 2012. The transaction has an effective date of January 1, 2013.
- Rationale behind Denbury Resources acquiring Cedar Creek Anticline assets in Montana and North Dakota from ConocoPhillips for US$1.05 Billion.
- To understand the rational about how the current deal is in line with Denbury's primary strategy of focusing on the extraction of oil from depleted, mature oil fields by using Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR).
- Geography Covered- US.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Reasons to Get This Report
- Develop a sound understanding about how through this divestment, ConocoPhillips plans to optimize its portfolio and focus on its unconventional Bakken assets in North Dakota and Montana.
- To know more about Denbury benefitting from economies of scale through acquisition of additional assets in CCA fields.
- To have an understanding about how the current deal is in line with Denbury's plans to use CO2 Enhanced Oil Recovery to extract oil from the mature fields.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Denbury Resources Inc. Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report
- Royal Dutch Shell plc (RDSA) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Denbury Resources Inc. (DNR) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- ConocoPhillips (COP) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- ExxonMobil to Acquire Bakken Assets from Denbury in Exchange for $1.6 Billion and Stakes in Webster and Hartzog Draw Fields to Expand its Unconventional Assets Base - Deal Analysis from GlobalData
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Talisman Energy Inc. (TLM) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- BP p.l.c. (BP.) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- BG Group plc (BG.) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile