Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/08/2014 -- Deodorants recovered from crisis and volume sales started to increase in 2013. However, the category recorded marginal volume sales growth and unit prices also stagnated, thus value sales growth remained marginal. Price competition remained strong in deodorants and manufacturers kept down prices with frequent discounting. Innovations mostly targeted cream deodorants that became the fastest growing category in 2013. As deodorants has already reached maturity, manufacturers looked for niche segments to increase sales. Unilever positioned its new cream deodorants for wealthy and active women, who look for maximum protection and can afford more expensive products.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Unilever Magyarorszag Kft maintained its leading position in deodorants accounting for 29% of value sales. Unilever marketed such popular brands as Rexona, Axe, Dove and Baba, and the company launched new products in 2013 to strengthen its market position. Procter & Gamble Magyarorszag Nagykereskedelmi Kft ranked second with 13% due to the success of Old Spice that was the best-selling brand in deodorants in 2013. Coty Hungary Kft ranked third with 11%, primarily thanks to the adidas brand, which was the third top brand in deodorants. Coty marketed other well-known, international brands as well e.g. Esprit and Celine Dion.
Deodorants is expected to record still stagnant value sales in the forthcoming years; nevertheless, the former declining trend will stop and constant growth will turn positive. Slight positive change will be driven by slowly improving household incomes. The mature category will see a limited amount of innovations, which will bring new fragrances or natural ingredients to the market. Therefore, constant growth will remain marginal with a CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices predicted to 2018.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Deodorants industry in Hungary with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Deodorants industry in Hungary, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Deodorants in Hungary market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Deodorants in Hungary?
- What are the major brands in Hungary?
- Which deodorant formats are seeing most dynamic growth?
- What are the key trends in product development?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Deodorant Creams, Deodorant Pumps, Deodorant Roll-Ons, Deodorant Sprays, Deodorant Sticks, Deodorant Wipes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Austria to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Mexico to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Malaysia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Belgium to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Portugal to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Saudi Arabia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in France to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Denmark to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in New Zealand to 2017