Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/01/2014 -- Home furnishings grew by a modest 1% in 2012 to reach ?15 billion, following a very difficult period starting from 2008 with the economic recession that severely affected consumer spending. The category is far from being florid, and it is mainly thanks to smaller ticket items that it is registering slight grow, although outpaced by inflation, as purchases of big ticket items are still being postponed until the economic situation improves.
The home furnishings category in the UK is characterised by a high proportion of micro, small and medium size companies. According to the British Furniture Confederation, 78% of companies employ less than 10 people, only 290 companies report a turnover of more than ?5 million, 83% of companies have a turnover of less than ?1 million per year and 56% less than ?250,000.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Home furnishings is expected to witness a slight recovery in the forecast period, with marginal growth. The category is expected to continue to perform negatively in the short term but will then recover from around 2014.
Home Furnishing Market Research Analyse key trends and developments in United Kingdom for all product categories, competitors and channels.
Evaluate the market position and financial performance of the leading national and international market players.
Product coverage: Indoor Living, Lighting, Outdoor Living.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Home and Garden in the United Kingdom
- Home Improvement in the United Kingdom
- Homewares in the United Kingdom
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Laundry Care in the United Kingdom
- Dishwashing in the United Kingdom
- Home Care in the United Kingdom
- Home Insecticides in the United Kingdom
- The Future of the Suncare Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Home Furnishings in the United Arab Emirates