Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/24/2014 -- Description
According to WHO, one-third of the world's adults have hypertension. The global market value of antihypertensive drugs is tens of billion dollars.
Due to the long history of antihypertensive drugs, most hypertensive patients need 2 or more kinds of antihypertensive drugs to reduce the blood pressure to a normal level. There are more than 20 compound preparations of sartan drugs in global market. The first category is the compound preparation of sartan and diuretic hydrochlorothiazide. Because the compound of sartan drugs and diuretic has better effect than other medication compounds, most sartan and hydrochlorothiazide compound preparations are approved by FDA, including the compound preparation of diuretic chlorthalidone and azilsartan. The second category is the compound preparation of sartan and calcium antagonist. The third category is the direct renin inhibitor and sartan compound preparation. The fourth one is triplex compound preparation. Novartis developed valsartan compound preparation after valsartan was launched. In October 1997, the compound preparation of valsartan hydrochlorothiazide was successfully developed by Novartis and approved by FDA with the trade name "CoDiovan". Unlike valsartan, valsartan hydrochlorothiazide tablet can only treat hypertension instead of congestive heart failure and myocardial infarction.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Statistics shows that the number of hypertensive patients in China is higher than 260 million, which may even be more than 300 million. According to CRI, market value of hypertensive drugs in China exceeds CNY 40 billion every year. The CAGR of sales revenue of valsartan hydrochlorothiazide in Chinese sample hospitals surpassed 100% from 2007 to 2012. Based on the sales revenue, Novartis takes more than 80% of the valsartan hydrochlorothiazide market in China while the other market is seized by Chinese enterprises such as Jiangsu Wangao Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
It is estimated that incidence of hypertension in China will continue to rise year by year due to improvement of living standard and changes of lifestyle. As Chinese people's incomes increase, the affordability of antihypertensive drugs increases. As a result, market size of Valsartan Hydrochlorothiazide in China will keep increasing in the next few years.
Through this report, the readers can acquire the following information:
- Market Share of Valsartan Hydrochlorothiazide Produced by Different Enterprises in China Hospital Market
- Sales Value of Valsartan Hydrochlorothiazide in China Hospital Market
- Major Valsartan Hydrochlorothiazide Manufacturers in China
- Prospect of China Valsartan Hydrochlorothiazide Market
The following enterprises and people are recommended to purchase this report:
- Antihypertensive APIs and Finished Product Manufacturers
- Investors /Research Agencies Focusing on China Antihypertensive Drug Market
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Hypertension - Pipeline Review, H2 2013
- Investigation Report on China Duloxetine Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Insulin Aspart Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Sildenafil Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Pregabalin Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Insulin Lispro Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Budesonide Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Imatinib Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Esomeprazole Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Adalimumab Market, 2010-2018