New Fixed Networks research report from BuddeComm is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/14/2014 -- Executive summary
LTE launched in Iraq
Iraq's telecoms sector continues to grow steadily despite the ongoing violence that affects the country. Since the war rebuilding efforts focused on rapidly improving network access, resulting in a number of wireless local loop and mobile licences issued. The fixed sector presents a number of growth opportunities as it has lagged behind the mobile
Broadband Internet is available through a variety of platforms, including ADSL, satellite, WiMAX, CDMA and mobile broadband. Internet cafes are a popular Internet access method given low PC ownership.
Mobile services have been the big success story of telecoms in post-war Iraq. The market has grown very quickly, partly due to the lack of fixed-line service. Three mobile network operators hold national licences: Zain Iraq, Asiacell and Korek Telecom. As part of their licence conditions, the mobile network operators are obliged to launch Initial Public Offerings (IPO)s. A regional operator, Regional Telecom, launched LTE services in 2013 and offers competitively priced mobile broadband products.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
With mobile penetration reaching levels indicative of a maturing market, mobile data is the next revenue growth opportunity for the mobile sector.
Key telecom parameters - 2011;
Companies covered in this report include:
- Iraqi Telephone and Postal Company (ITPC), Itisaluna, Kalimat Telecom, Iraqtel, VitalTel, Hi Link Telecom, Omnnea, Newroz Telecom, Asiacell, Zain Iraq, Korek Telecom, Regional Telecom.
- This report provides a comprehensive overview of trends and developments in Iraq's telecommunications market. The report analyses the mobile, Internet, broadband, digital TV and converging media sectors. Subjects include:
- Market and industry analyses, trends and developments;
- Facts, figures and statistics;
- Industry and regulatory issues;
- Major players, revenues, subscribers, ARPU;
- Mobile voice and data markets;
- Digital economy and digital media;
- Mobile subscriber forecasts to 2023;
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Australia - Telecoms Industry - Statistics and Forecasts
- New Zealand - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- United Kingdom - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- India - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- Chile - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- Taiwan - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- Spain - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Finland - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Peru - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- Sweden - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts