Recently published research from Timetric, "Life Insurance in Sweden, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/07/2014 -- Life insurance was the largest segment in the Swedish insurance industry in 2012, accounting for 73.7% of total industry premiums. The segment's value increased at a review-period (2008-2012) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% . The life segment is expected to record a forecast-period (2012-2017) CAGR of 3.4% . Insurance brokers and e-commerce were the main channels of distribution of life insurance products in Sweden, respectively accounting for 31.8% and 28% of the new business gross written premium in 2012.
- The Swedish life insurance segment was the largest in the country's insurance industry in 2012
- Private pension plans are expected to achieve considerable growth over the forecast period
- Occupational pension and endowment insurance accounted for the majority of premiums generated in the segment during the review period, and are expected to continue to grow over the forecast period, driven by economic recovery and a fall in the unemployment rate
- The top 10 companies accounted for 89.3% of premium income in 2012
- As of 2012, 38 foreign insurers were present in the country, operating through branches or representative offices
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Sweden:
- It provides historical values for the Swedish life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Swedish life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Sweden.
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Sweden for the life insurance business.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Sweden and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Sweden and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Swedish life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Swedish life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Swedish insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Skandiakoncernen, Folksam, Alecta Pensionsforsakring, Omsesidigt, AMF Pension, SEB Trygg Liv, Lansforsakringar, SwedbankForsakring, NordeaLiv, Handelsbanken Liv, SPP
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017