Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/17/2014 -- Although autograft is still perceived as the gold-standard material in bone grafting, the wide array of alternatives available in the market has resulted in a gradual shift towards increased adoption of bone grafts and substitutes (BGS), especially in the US and European markets. In contrast to the general picture in developed countries, autograft bone still represents the most popular option during bone grafting in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region and South America.
The majority of the market revenue for BGS is contributed by the US. Medtronic is considered the top player in the US market due to its strength in multiple segments. In the allograft bone space (including both traditional and machined allograft bone segments), Medtronic and MTF were two of the tier one players in 2013. In the BMP/growth factor segment, Medtronic's dominance is widely considered not replicable despite surgeons' dampened enthusiasm about its INFUSE Bone Graft.
- An overview of BGS, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized the US BGS market revenue and future forecasts from 2010 to 2012, forecast for 7 years to 2019.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for BGS
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
- Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
- An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
- Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
- Coverage of key market players.
- Strategic assessment of the BGS sector through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
- Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand the trends shaping and driving the US BGS Market.
- Realize device preferences of physicians who have performed the tests already.
- Access market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in the US BGS market through 2019.
- Quantify candidate patient populations to better design product pricing & launch plans.
- Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Perform benchmarking analysis of growth opportunities against currently marketed products.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Alphatec Spine, AlloSource, Bacterin, Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Exactech, Globus Medical, Integra LifeSciences, Medtronic, NuVasive, Olympus Biotech, Orthofix, RTI Surgical, Stryker, Wright Medical, Zimmer Holdings
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- MediPoint: Bone Grafts and Substitutes - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- Dental Biomaterials Market Outlook in BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) to 2018
- MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - US Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts