Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/07/2014 -- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Gastric and Esophageal Cancers to 2019 - Crowded Late-Stage Pipelines and Favorable Market Conditions Encourage Robust Growth
GBI Research has released the pharma report "Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Gastric and Esophageal Cancers to 2019 - Crowded Late-Stage Pipelines and Favorable Market Conditions Encourage Robust Growth" Gastric and esophageal cancers are two orphan cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. They are often diagnosed at advanced, incurable stages due to a late onset of symptoms, but are also associated with low survival rates in the early stages of disease.
Currently the primary treatment options are chemotherapy and surgery, which are used wherever possible. One monoclonal Antibody (mAb), Herceptin (trastuzumab) is marketed for use in suitable patients with advanced gastric or gastro-esophageal junction cancer.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
However, the late-stage pipelines for these indications include many promising mAb candidates which are anticipated to enter the market during the forecast period. Additionally, current market conditions are favorable for new mAbs, with high pricing patterns and weak impact from biosimilar exposure. As a result of this, GBI Research believes the global market has the potential to grow to a value of $766m by 2019.
- A brief introduction to the two indications, including the disease's pathogenesis, risk factors, diagnosis and treatment algorithms.
- In-depth analysis of Herceptin, including analysis of its safety, efficacy, treatment patterns and strengths/weaknesses.
- A comprehensive review of the pipeline for mAbs in gastric and esophageal cancer, including individual analysis of a number of late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market in the forecast period. The pipeline is analyzed on the basis of phase distribution, molecule types and molecular targets.
- Additional in-depth analysis of pipeline drug clinical trials by phase, trial size, trial duration and program failure rate analyses for each molecule type and mechanism of action.
- Multi-scenario forecast data of the market to 2019, taking into account how it will be affected by the introduction of new drugs, the expiry of key patents on current drugs and the changes in disease epidemiology across the key developed markets including the US, Canada, Japan, Germany, the UK, France, Italy and Spain.
- Discussion of the drivers and barriers for market growth.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand the unmet need in the treatment of these cancers, the role of Herceptin and the areas of opportunity for other mAbs to enter the market.
- Understand the vast scope of the pipeline, including which molecule types and mechanisms of action are prominent.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Breast Cancer to 2019 - Strong Uptake of Novel HER-2 Targeted Therapies to Drive Robust Growth
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Colorectal Cancer to 2019 - Favorable Pricing Policy in the US and Rising Prevalence in Europe and Japan Ensures Market Growth
- Biosimilars Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Rheumatoid Arthritis to 2018 - Market Characterized by Large and Diversified Pipeline and Low Threat of Biosimilar Sales Erosion
- Monoclonal Antibodies Partnering Terms and Agreements
- Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Rising Prevalence and Strong Uptake of Recent Approvals to Drive Robust Growth to 2019
- Traditional Wound Management Market to 2019 - Cost Sensitivity Spurs Adoption in Emerging Markets, as Uptake of Advanced Wound Management Products Limits Growth in Developed Economies
- Solid Tumors Market in Asia Pacific to 2019 - New Drug Approvals and Anticipated Product Launches to Trigger a Shift in Treatment Paradigm to Targeted Therapies
- Travel Vaccines Market to 2019 - Hepatitis A, Japanese Encephalitis and Meningococcal Vaccine Segments to Drive Growth
- Immunoglobulins Market to 2019 - Demand in Primary Immunodeficiency (PI) and Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP) Potentially Supplemented by Approvals for Alzheimer's Disease