Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/17/2014 -- Players deemed that microwaves had already reached maturity in 2013, with a penetration rate of only 85%. In contrast to the penetration rate of fridges, which was 99% in 2013, the potential for further penetration in microwaves appears to be weak, due to a relatively high proportion of the population considering this appliance as presenting severe health risks, and therefore remaining adamant about not buying or using a microwave. Recent noise over the fact that most microwaves are not 100% leak-proof - when it comes to electromagnetic waves - made matters worse, and further strengthened this "anti-microwave" stance amongst an estimated 10% of the French population. In addition, an upbeat thrust in favour of health and wellness practices also encouraged growing pockets of the population to use alternative slow cooking/heating methods in order to preserve the full nutritional value of foods.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Samsung Electronics France led microwaves with an 18% share of volume sales in 2013. The company continued to leverage its historical reputation and robust image in the category; Samsung microwaves are widely considered as value for money appliances by the vast majority of French consumers. Two of the hot models in 2013 were the combination model CP1395E-S, a multifunctional model which was generally perceived as excellent value for money by young adults, and the ME82-V, for the simplicity of use and its super-competitive price tag of only EUR99. The image of Samsung also benefited from its earlier incorporation of a ceramic-enamel interior to most of its microwaves; thus adding another value trait to its range of products in this category.
Over the forecast period microwaves is expected to see a negligible negative volume CAGR. As the penetration rate in France is deemed as being mature, due to the 10% proportion of "anti-microwave" French households, the potential for volume growth is minimal. As yet, there are no radical enough product innovations which could encourage existing users to replace their microwaves early.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Microwaves industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Microwaves industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Microwaves in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Photographic Camera Markets in Eastern Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in Americas to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in the Top 5 Asian Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Hotels in Argentina to 2017: Market Databook
- Hotels in the UAE to 2017: Market Databook
- Photographic Camera Markets in Western Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in the Top 5 European Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in Asia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts