New Insurance market report from Timetric: "Non-Life Insurance in Italy, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/20/2014 -- Italy's recessionary economic environment and ongoing austerity measures adopted created difficult operating conditions for non-life insurers. The segment's gross written premium posted a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -1.5% during the review period (2008-2012). The motor insurance category accounted for 67.7% of the segment's written premium, followed by property insurance with a share of 19.6%. A decline in car sales and sluggish construction and property markets constrained demand. The segment is currently undergoing a transitional period and has been affected by consolidation and changes in regulation.
- The Italian non-life segment was the fifth-largest in the European region in 2012, representative of a written premium value of EUR29.8 billion (US$38.3 billion) in 2012
- The segment accounted for the second-largest share (28.4%) of the industry's total written premium in 2012. It is highly concentrated, with the 10 leading insurers accounting for a collective market share of 87.9% in 2012
- The country's recessionary economic environment and ongoing austerity measures created difficult operating conditions for non-life insurers
- Motor insurance accounted for 67.7% of the segment's written premium in 2012, followed by property insurance with a share of 19.6%
- . Large-scale infrastructural investments are expected to revive economic growth and increase employment, which will support segment growth
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in Italy:
- It provides historical values for Italy's non-life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Italy's non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Italy
- Using Porter's industry-standard Five Forces analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Italy for the non-life insurance segment
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Italy and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in Italy and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Italian non-life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Italian non-life insurance segment
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Gruppo Assicurativo Unipol, Gruppo Generali, Gruppo Assicurativo Allianz, Reale Mutua, Gruppo Cattolica Assicurazioni, Axa Italia, Groupama, Gruppo Vittoria Assicurazioni, Gruppo Assicurativo Banca Carige,
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)