Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/23/2014 -- The main story in 2013 was the fall of cigarette sales in France by approximately 8% in volume, according to preliminary figures from the Confederation of Tobacconists. Another source in the newspaper Les Echos, states the decline in cigarette sales in 2013 stands at "7.7% to about 47.5 billion cigarettes, which is four billion less than in 2012. If these figures are confirmed in early 2014, it would mean a sudden accelerated drop in the number of smokers in 2013 - while this fall was rather limited over 2008-2012, in the region of 10% to reach fewer than 12 million smokers in 2012.
Accounting for a 30% share of overall value sales, Johnson & Johnson Sante Beaute France led the way in NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013. It captured the leadership in 2009, by acquiring this brand from Pfizer. The company's well-known brand Nicorette has a broad coverage of products, as it is present in almost all categories in NRT smoking cessation aids. Recent innovation, namely the Nicoretteskin 25mg, and the exit of Nicogum in 2009, helped the company to maintain its lead in recent years. Given consumers' growing shift towards more convenient smoking cessation aids, Nicorette concentrates, with success, on "modulable" formats, i.e. convenient products with a fast action effect.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The future of the category will notably depend on the lobbying battle between several forces among which are NRT smoking cessation aids manufacturers, cigarette manufacturers, tobacconists, chemists/pharmacies and e-cigarettes retailers. The latter recently referred to an US survey published in Tobacco Control in January 2013 and another survey by CNRS (the main R&D French organism) about the inefficiency of NRT smoking cessation aids. Even so, some experts and consumer associations (for instance 60 Millions de Consommateurs) are worrying about the e-cigarette phenomenon, as they also contain carcinogenic substances, although "much less than in cigarettes", according to the majority of oncologists. However, rumours abound of more controlled or taxed distribution of e-cigarettes by the Government in the short term.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in France?
- What are the major brands in France?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Portugal
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in South Korea
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Norway
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the US
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Arab Emirates
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Denmark
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ukraine