Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/24/2014 -- The long-term trend in Norway is the increasing regulations on tobacco, which in many cases has influenced NRT smoking cessation aids. However, one has to keep in mind that in difference to many other countries, except for Sweden in Europe, Swedish-style snus is highly popular in Norway. Since the ban of public smoking that was introduced in 2004, snus has grown by 117% in volume terms up to 2013, while NRT smoking cessation aids grew by 80% in volume terms in the same period. So there is the effect of people choosing both NRT products to quit smoking or choose the replacement product snus in this case. The 2013 data showed a decline in growth for NRT products of 1%, while snus grew by 5%
The only two major companies present in NRT smoking cessation aids is Johnson & Johnson Consumer Nordic and Novartis Norge with 53% and 47% value share respectively. The company Farmagon held only marginal value share, so one might easily call this category a duopoly. The two corresponding brands Nicorette and Nicotinell have been dominant in this category for a long time and enjoy such a prevailing presence so there is hardly room for other companies.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The electronic cigarette could possibly be a threat to the dominant position of NRT products. As the nicotine-free version is already established, illegal imports are happening and about one-third of smokers want to try out this product according to a survey carried out by Ipsos, and this product is in direct competition with the various NRT products. For now the nicotine version is illegal, but if the new EU regulations on electronic cigarettes are to be implemented, such products might become available in 2017 and Norway will probably allow it too.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Norway with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Norway, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Norway market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Norway?
- What are the major brands in Norway?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Portugal
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in South Korea
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the US
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in France
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Arab Emirates
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Denmark
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ukraine