Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/13/2014 -- British customers are becoming increasingly aware of how they are spending their money, and a decline in disposable income has resulted in consumers shopping for cheaper, good quality alternatives. This has given rise to supermarket fashion; main players in this market are Asda (George), Tesco (F&F) and Sainsbury's (Tu).
Features and benefits
- This case study analyses strategies used by UK supermarket giants; Asda, Sainsbury and Tesco to enter the apparel industry.
- This report also assesses the impact of supermarket fashion on high street fashion retailers.
An economic recession triggers price consciousness among consumers and consumers are less likely to spend more. Many high street retailers are struggling during the economic downturn and this provides supermarkets such as Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's, the opportunity to establish their position as providers of cheap clothing.
Supermarket apparel retailers have adopted the fast fashion model which was introduced by Zara (Inditex); retailers have identified that consumers expect new fashion quicker and have introduced limited edition ranges to meet these demands.
Online retail is becoming increasingly popular and many retailers are investing heavily in this area. For example, George.com is the fastest growing online fashion retailer in the UK with 50% of sales online being ordered through the click and collect service, operating at all Asda stores.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Your key questions answered
- What strategies have supermarket apparel retailers such as ASDA, Sainsbury and Tesco used to penetrate this market?
- What impact has supermarket fashion had on high street fashion retailers?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- NFI Empik Media & Fashion S.A. (EMF) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- UK Fashion Multiples
- High Fashion International Limited (608) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Hosiery in Saudi Arabia
- Clothing Accessories in Saudi Arabia
- Men's Outerwear in Morocco
- NIKE, Inc.: Building a diverse business
- Men's Outerwear in South Africa
- Bags and Luggage in Indonesia
- Apparel in Indonesia