New Food market report from Business Monitor International: "Taiwan Food & Drink Report 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/05/2013 -- Generally speaking, we remain relatively pessimistic about the performance of Taiwan's food and drink market in the short- to medium-term, although we caution that select individual (premium) sectors are likely to outperform the overall market. However, upwards inflationary trends are also in play, which will have an impact on value growth of individual market segments. Still, going forward, barring any further disruptions to the food supply as weather conditions continue to normalise, we expect food price inflation to continue to head lower.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2013 per capita food consumption (value): +1.86%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2017: +3.22%.
- 2013 alcoholic drinks sales (volume): +1.40%; forecast CAGR to 2017: +2.14%.
- 2013 soft drinks sales (value): +5.88%; forecast CAGR to 2017: +8.07%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales: +4.51%; forecast CAGR to 2017: +4.63%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Trends
Taiwanese Restaurant Operator Targetting China in 2013: In November 2012, Taipei Times reported that prominent Taiwanese restaurant operator Tai Tong Food & Beverage Group (TTFB) is creating a 100%-owned TWD300mn (US$10.29mn) subsidiary, which will be used to expand its business in the future. The company is planning to expand to China in the course of 2013, specifically targetting eastern regions of the country. Moreover, TTFB is expecting to establish a fourth restaurant chain domestically in Q113, while also boosting the number of its current outlets to 70 by the end of 2013. TTFB operates around 40 restaurants affiliated with one of its three chains, namely Thai Town Cuisine, Very Thai Restaurant and 1010 Hunan Cuisine. Its longer-term plans include 100 outlets in other countries.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- France Food & Drink Report Q1 2013
- Argentina Food & Drink Report 2013
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q1 2013
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q1 2013
- Bulgaria Food & Drink Report Q1 2013
- Hong Kong Food & Drink Report 2013
- Hungary Food & Drink Report Q1 2013
- Estonia Food & Drink Report 2013
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q1 2013
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q1 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)