New Healthcare market report from Euromonitor International: "NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Bulgaria"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/01/2014 -- In June 2012, the Bulgarian government finally introduced a full ban on smoking in public places, on-trade outlets and public buildings. This ban had faced many delays in its implementation. The government also operated the National Programme for Restricting Smoking during the review period, with this investing in consumer education campaigns highlighting the health dangers of smoking. This programme aims to reduce smoking prevalence and increase the average age at which people start to smoke, offering a website, telephone hotline and free advice in medical centres. The government also banned the sale of single cigarettes in 2010.
There are few brands with a strong, wide and consistent distribution presence in NRT smoking cessation aids. Multinationals Pharmacia and Novartis jointly dominate sales and accounted for 37% value share each in 2013, thanks to their strong Nicorette and Nicotinell brands respectively. Nicotinell is directly represented by Novartis in NRT patches, where it accounted for close to 97% value share in 2013. However, Nicotinell is represented by Fertin in NRT gum in Bulgaria. Consequently, with this company thus accounting for 17% of overall value sales. Nicotinell is thus the overall dominant brand in NRT smoking cessation aids and accounted for over 53% value share in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The sharp decline seen in the share of smokers in the adult population during the review period is unlikely to be continued in the forecast period. The percentage of adult smokers is expected to drop further in the forecast period but only by two percentage points in comparison to the six percentage point decline seen during the review period. Despite the smoking ban and the government's strong efforts to discourage smoking, many consumers continue to regard smoking as socially acceptable. By the end of the forecast period, an estimated 44% of adult men are expected to be smokers in Bulgaria, alongside 30% of adult women.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Japan
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Portugal
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the Czech Republic
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in South Korea
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Norway
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the US
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Belgium