Recently published research from GBI Research, "OTC Pharmaceuticals and Self-medication in Seven Emerging Markets - Expanded Access, Aging Populations and Increasing Obesity Levels to Drive Future Growth", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/14/2013 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, "OTC Pharmaceuticals and Self-medication in Seven Emerging Markets - Expanded Access, Aging Populations and Increasing Obesity Levels to Drive Future Growth", which provides insights into the up-and-coming trends of the Over the Counter (OTC) pharmaceutical market by analyzing the trends in population health, healthcare and self-care in seven emerging markets: China, India, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia and Turkey.
Six main product categories are covered in the report -
- Cough, cold and allergy treatments
- Analgesics and antipyretics
- Gastrointestinal remedies
- Dermatological products
- Vitamins, minerals and supplements
- Lifestyle OTC products
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
All seven markets are expected to continue growth trends over the period 2011-2018, with China as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 10%. Consumers within these markets are increasing in affluence and are becoming more informed in terms of health education matters. This has lead to an increase in self-care and in purchases of OTC pharmaceuticals.
The populations of all seven markets are becoming more elderly as healthcare systems and general living conditions are improving, this is a significant driver for the OTC market as the over 60s use the most OTC products, worldwide, of any age group. Obesity is also increasing within these markets, particularly in China. This will drive the growth of the overall OTC market and will act as a specific driver for weight management products that fall under the lifestyle OTC category.
- The report analyzes trends in population health, healthcare and self-care and uses these trends to inform the future buying habits of the OTC market.
- Current and future trends of major health issues affecting populations within the markets.
- Market forecasts for OTC products for each country.
- OTC market segmentation by six product categories.
- Information on the local regulatory systems of each country.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Understand how the OTC market has developed and is continuing to develop within the featured markets.
- Predict which products are likely to be most successful in the future.
- Gain an understanding of the possible market available for specific products.
- Understand how new products can gain OTC status in the featured markets.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Global Pharmaceutical Supplier Industry Outlook Survey 2011-2012: Industry Dynamics, Market Trends and Opportunities, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies
- Biological Strategies in the Emerging Markets - BRIC Countries Will Underpin Future Pharma Growth
- Global Pharmaceutical Industry Outlook Survey 2011-2012: Industry Dynamics, Market Trends and Opportunities, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Workforce Reductions in Pharmaceuticals - Outsourcing, External Innovation and Collaboration Will Drive the Industry Forward
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in Food and Beverage Industry
- Global Food Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Food Industry
- Patient Monitoring Devices Market in Emerging Countries (China, India, Brazil) to 2017 - Increasing Government Spending and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to Drive Future Growth
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)