Fast Market Research recommends "Pakistan Telecommunications Report Q3 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/13/2014 -- Pakistan's telecommunications market is one of the most underdeveloped in Asia Pacific. The regulator has successfully auctioned its 3G licences, paving the way for higher value-added services (VAS) to be introduced to the market. This leaves Pakistan with significant room for growth, although the potential could materialise only in the medium-to - long term.
- Pakistan's mobile sector continues to fluctuate due to events such as restrictions on SIM sales through retail channels. There were 131.5mn mobile subscribers in the country at the end of 2013, up from 121.9mn in December 2012. Mobile broadband solutions, particularly EV-DO, continued to outperform and have overtaken DSL.
- ARPUs are expected to continue trending downwards due to the reliance on 2G services and rural expansion, as well as government-enforced network outages in light of security concerns.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Pakistan is in 13th position in BMI's Asia Pacific Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings, with a score of 43.9 out of 100. According to most indications, the economy is on track to record its highest annual real GDP growth rate since FY2006/07 (July-June), in line with our estimate for full-year growth to come in at 4.0% in FY2012/13. Among other factors, a critical driving force behind Pakistan's slowly improving economic environment in recent years has been the aggressive easing of monetary policy by the State Bank of Pakistan
Key Trends And Developments
In April 2014, the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority auctioned off 3G and 4G spectrum. Four of Pakistan's five main mobile operators - which include Mobilink, Telenor Pakistan and Ufone - took part in the process and all four came away with 2.1-GHz spectrum, which has been designated for 3G services. China Mobile, which operates locally as Zong, was the only one to also pick up 4G, or 1800-MHz, spectrum.
With effect from July 1 2013 the Federal Board of Revenue has increased the withholding tax on...
The Pakistan Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Pakistan's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Pakistan Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Pakistan.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Bulgaria Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Oman Telecommunications Report Q3 2014