Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/10/2012 -- Reasons to Get this ReportGBI Research, leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research report, entitled "Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in Oncology - Payer Pressure to Justify Premium Pricing of Novel Agents, Pushing Companies to Risk-Sharing Modalities". It provides a comprehensive overview of the healthcare system, and the pricing and reimbursement processes in the top seven countries of the world, with a detailed analysis of the different regulatory mechanisms used in these countries. The report closely scrutinizes the major pharmaceutical changes and oncology-related pricing and reimbursement in these countries in the recent past and their impact in the near future. The countries analyzed in the report are the US, the top five European countries of the UK, France, Italy, Germany and Spain; and Japan.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Cancer is considered to be one of the most feared diseases, a cure for which has so far eluded researchers all over the world. However, new lines of therapeutics Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) inhibitors and Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) inhibitors are expected to make a significant impact on patient survival. However, progress in patient survival and other benefits are accompanied by premium prices, which has necessitated the creation of several agencies responsible for making decisions pertaining to pricing and reimbursement for cancer drugs in many countries of the world in order to contain costs related to cancer treatment. The report on "Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in Oncology " delves into these recent changes in pricing and reimbursement mechanisms that are often targeted at expensive cancer drugs.
- Detailed study of the healthcare systems and roles of the key players in the respective pharmaceutical systems of the top seven countries of the world - the US, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Japan.
- Analysis of the major pricing and reimbursement mechanisms in each country.
- Key trends that follow from the recent changes brought about in pricing and reimbursement mechanisms.
- Analysis of the possible major challenges brought about by the enactment of changes in the pricing and reimbursement scene in the countries covered in the report.
- Particular focus on pricing and reimbursement in oncology.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Build an understanding of the oncology-related key pricing and reimbursement mechanisms in the top seven countries of the world.
- Optimize your investment through identification and understanding of the changes in oncology drugs' regulatory mechanisms and in the pricing and reimbursement scenario for the countries covered in the report.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Pricing and Reimbursement in Generics - European Austerity Measures and Healthcare Cost Containment Puts Innovation-Driven Pharma Companies under Pressure
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in Europe - Reference Pricing and Similar Initiatives Being Applied to Innovative Drugs Pose Significant Challenge to Pharmaceutical Companies
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in China - Series of Mandated Price Cuts Not Effective in Stemming Healthcare Expenditures
- Pricing and Reimbursement in the US - Non-LIS Beneficiaries Not Covered by Medicare Coverage Gap to Gain from Reduction in Out-of-Pocket Expenditure for Generic Drugs
- Pricing and Reimbursement in Brazil - Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Studies to Facilitate Setting of Ceiling Prices for New Drugs
- Pricing and Reimbursement of the Healthcare System in India - Low Levels of Drug Reimbursement Lead to a High Out-Of-Pocket Expenditure
- Reimbursement in Europe and Indication-Specific Pricing
- Pharmaceutical Key Trends 2011 - Healthcare System and Drug Regulatory Overview: Cost-containment and regulatory pressures intensify
- Pharmaceutical Supply Chain in Europe - Adoption of Direct to Pharmacy (DTP) Model to Boost Efficiency and Optimize Pricing
- BRIC: Pricing, Reimbursment, and Regulatory Update