Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/21/2014 -- Proteomics Market by Technology (Protein Microarray, Mass Spectrometry, NMR Spectroscopy, Chromatography, Electrophoresis, Surface Plasmon Resonance, X-ray Crystallography) - Instruments, Reagents & Services - Global Forecast to 2018
The proteomics market showcases a high-growth potential, owing to the increasing demand for proteomics techniques in drug discovery and diagnostics applications. The availability of research funds across the globe, which increases the purchasing power of research and academic institutes is also playing a pivotal role in the growth of the proteomics market. However, various other factors such as the sequestration cuts in the U.S.; disconnect between biomarker discovery and approval by regulatory authorities; and the need for expensive, well-qualified, and mandatory training required for better utilization of proteomics tools represents a significant challenge for the market growth during the forecast period of 2013 to 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Besides the structural market drivers, there are strong geographic drivers for the growth of the proteomics market. The economic situation and cost-containment issues have diverted the attention of proteomics research-based companies from North America and Europe to emerging markets such as China and India. Major companies are establishing their subsidiaries in these regions and are investing for building a stronger foothold in these countries. The Asian region forms one of the most promising proteomics markets in the world. Developing countries such as China and India are expected to grow at relatively higher growth rates, owing to the rising awareness about the benefits of personalized medicine, and growing research base, backed by the availability of government and private funding for research.
Personalized medicine is one of the niche markets, and has witnessed a significant growth rate in the past few years. As a result of the rising demand for proteomics technology in personalized medicine and biomarker profiling particularly in cancer research, the proteomics market has witnessed growth in the past few years. Thus, further growth in the personalized medicine market is reckoned as one of the strongest growth drivers for the global proteomics market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
This report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms in garnering greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for increasing their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Biotechnology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cancer/Tumor Profiling Market [Applications (Personalized Medicine, Diagnostics, Biomarker Discovery, Prognosis, Research), Technologies (NGS, QPCR, IHC, FISH/CISH, Microarray), Segments: Genomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Epigenetics)] 2013 - 2018
- Pharmaceutical Membrane Filtration Market - Trends & Forecast to 2018
- In-Vitro Toxicology/ Toxicity Testing Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Immunoassay Market [Technology (Enzyme, Fluorescent, Chemiluminescence, Radioimmunoassay), Analyzers & Reagents, Applications (Infectious Diseases, Cancer, Endocrinology, Cardiology), End Users (Hospitals, Laboratory, Academics)] - Global Forecast to 2018
- Biomarkers Market - Global Trends & Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Chromatography Instrumentation Market by Systems [LC (HPLC, UHPLC, FLASH), GC, TLC, SFC, Others (Autosamplers, Detectors, Fraction collectors)], by Consumables (Reverse phase columns, Syringe filters, Vials) & Industry - Global Forecast to 2018
- Genomics Market by Products - [Instruments (NGS platform, Microarray, RT-PCR), Consumables (Genechips, Reagents for DNA Extraction & Purification, Sequencing)], Services (Sequencing & Microarray Services, and Software) - Global Forecast to 2018
- Biosimilars Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Market [(On Premise, Cloud IAM), By Components (Provisioning, Directories, SSO, Advanced Authentication, Password Management, Audit, Compliance & Governance)] - Global Advancements, Forecast & Analysis (2013-2018)
- Commercial Aviation Aircraft Windows & Windshields Market, Forecast & Analysis (2013 - 2018)