Fast Market Research recommends "Rheumatology Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Increasing Uptake of Benlysta, Uloric, Krystexxa, and the Launch of Oral Tofacitinib to Spur Growth" from GBI Research, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/14/2013 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, "Rheumatology Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Increasing Uptake of Benlysta, Uloric, Krystexxa, and the Launch of Oral Tofacitinib to Spur Growth". The report provides insights into the rheumatology therapeutics market forecasts until 2018 and examines global treatment usage patterns for various rheumatology disorders. It also looks at the geographical distribution of the rheumatology disorders therapeutics market across key geographies (the US, the top five countries of Europe, and Japan) and provides insights into the R&D pipeline and promising future blockbusters until 2018. The report also profiles major biopharmaceutical companies in the segment and analyzes M&A activity and licensing agreements.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The reports covers Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), Osteoarthritis (OA), Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) and gout, as these are most prevalent forms of rheumatologic disease. The global rheumatology therapeutics market was estimated to be worth $17.1 billion in 2011, having grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 9.4% from 2005, and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% to $23.8 billion by 2018.
Enbrel (etanercept), Humira (adalimumab) and Remicade (infliximab) are the major drugs used in rheumatology therapeutics. Enbrel and Humira account for the majority of the market in the US. Enbrel's patent is set to expire in October 2012, although this is not expected to have an immediate impact as biosimilars are not predicted to enter the market until 2016-2017. In March 2011, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Benlysta (belimumab) for the treatment of SLE and in July 2011, it was approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
- Data and analysis for the rheumatology therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world: the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan
- Annualized market data for the rheumatology therapeutics market from 2005 to 2011, forecast to 2018
- In-depth analysis of the acute and chronic rheumatology therapeutics markets
- Market data for the geographical and therapeutic landscapes, including size, annual cost of therapy, revenues, and treatment usage patterns for the diseased population, treatment-seeking population, diagnosed population and prescription population
- Key drivers and barriers that have had a significant impact on the market
- Profiles of major biopharmaceutical markets in the rheumatology therapeutics segment, namely AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Janssen Biotech and UCB
- Key M&A activity and licensing agreements from 2007 to April 2012 in the rheumatology therapeutics market
Reasons to Get this Report
- Build effective strategies for launching pipeline products by identifying potential geographies
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Abbott, Amgen, Pfizer, Janssen Biotech, Merck
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Hepatitis C Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Expected Launch of GS-7977 in 2015 will Pave the Way for an Oral Interferon-free Combination Therapy
- HIV/AIDS Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Despite Major Patent Expiries, Increased Uptake of Once-a-Day Fixed-dose Combination Drugs to Drive Growth
- Arthritis Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Novel Oral JAK Inhibitors and Biologic Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs (DMARD) Will Drive Continued Growth Across Key Indications
- Autoimmune Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Launch of Gilenya and Benlysta to Drive the Growth of Multiple Sclerosis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Therapeutic Segments
- Endocrinology Market to 2018 - Advanced Injection Devices for Growth Hormone and Somatostatin will Improve Ease of Use for Patients
- Lip and Oral Cavity Cancer Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Gout Therapeutics Market to 2017- Entry of Novel Therapies such as Krystexxa, Uloric, Adenuric and Colcrys to Drive Market
- Orphan Diseases Therapeutics in Oncology to 2018 - Strongly Diversified Developmental Pipelines Indicate Long-Term Growth Potential despite Moderate Scope of Current Late Stage Molecules
- Biosimilars in Developed Countries - Launch of Biosimilar mAbs in Europe and New Regulatory Pathways in the US to Spur Market Growth
- Herpes Market to 2018 - Genericization Compels Competitors Seeking Differentiation to Adopt Novel Drug Delivery Technologies
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)