Fast Market Research recommends "Self-Service Cafeterias in Italy" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/10/2014 -- Self-service cafeterias was affected by the ongoing economic crisis in Italy, with many consumers deciding to use the vouchers often provided by employers to be spent to cover lunch for their grocery shopping instead. Many of the largest grocery retailers accept vouchers for regular shopping in Italy, and they were used to replace regular cash when checking out by more and more Italian consumers in 2013. The negative trend affecting total sales was also amplified by the decrease in traffic on highways, as Italians limited their travelling, which particularly impacted chained self-service cafeterias, which are mainly located on highways.
Within self-service cafeterias the leading brand in 2013 was Autogrill?s Ciao, accounting for a 30% share of value sales; slightly down from 2012. Autogrill was present with the Ciao concept with a total of 170 outlets in 2013, and is well-established amongst Italian consumers. However, in both 2012 and 2013 Autogrill was negatively impacted by the decrease of traffic on Italian highways due to the economic downturn, where most of its outlets are located. Fourth ranking company Cir Food recorded the biggest share increase in 2013, mainly thanks to the opening of two new outlets in Reggio Emilia and Modena.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Self-service cafeterias is expected to show a slight improvement in performance over the forecast period, although a decline is still expected. Sales are set to decrease at a slower rate if compared with the review period, with a negative value CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices. However, this performance will be the result of an increase in the average spend per transaction, due to the popularity of more premium food offerings including locally sourced and D.O.P. (protected designation of origin) ingredients; a trend which started during the review period and which is likely to intensify over the next five years, as operators of self-service cafeterias face increasing competition from other foodservice concepts, such as 100% home delivery/ takeaway.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Self-Service Cafeterias industry in Italy with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Self-Service Cafeterias industry in Italy, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Self-Service Cafeterias in Italy market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Self-Service Cafeterias in Italy?
- What are the major brands in Italy?
- Are there any new developments in terms of the food and drink offering in self-service cafeterias in Italy?
- What is the average spend per transaction for self-service cafeterias and how does this compare to other foodservice formats i.e. fast food, full-service restaurants?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Portugal
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Greece
- Self-Service Cafeterias in the United Kingdom
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Egypt
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Denmark
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Australia
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Germany
- Self-Service Cafeterias in the Netherlands
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Turkey
- Self-Service Cafeterias in France