Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/14/2014 -- Singapore's telecommunications industry is one of the top performing markets in Asia. The country outperforms the region's average in all aspects except data ARPU and five-year compounded subscription growth. As the country's mobile market has saturated, future growth is expected to come from migration from 2G/3G to 4G services. The spike in 4G services is unlikely to occur immediately as consumers are largely lock ed in to existing postpaid plans.
- We forecast Singapore's mobile sector will grow by only 1.2% annually between 2013 and 2018, owing to the high penetration and a shift in operators' strategies.
- The fixed-line market has started to contract earlier than we had expected, and we forecast the number of subscribers to decline to 1.7mn in 2018.
- Next generation fibre and LTE services are the future growth drivers for the Singaporean broadband industry, although we expect the growth momentum to be relative slow initially due to factors such as contract lock-in period. We forecast 11.5mn broadband subscribers in the country by end-2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Singapore is ranked second in BMI's latest Asia Pacific Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings, with a telecoms rating score of 69.0. Despite having one of the smallest populations in the region, the country continues to harbour growth opportunities due to consumers' high purchasing power and strong appetite for new products and services, and the presence of large enterprises. A progressive regulatory environment, conducive for encouraging innovations and developments, is reflected in Singapore's industry risks score of 90.0, the joint highest in the region.
Key Trends And Developments
In April 2014, the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) prohibited SingTel, StarHub and M1 from adding extra charges to existing customers' bills for using 4G services. BMI believes the price hike ban, together with slow 4G uptake, will impede the operators' ability to leverage on 4G...
The Singapore Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Singapore's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Singapore Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Singapore.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Singapore to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Singaporean telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Singapore's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Singapore.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Croatia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- South Korea Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q3 2014