New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/27/2014 -- Though there have been signs over recent months that household consumption has recovered slightly, we remain fairly lukewarm in relation to Slovakia's near-term discretionary spending in the food and drink sector. Though easing slightly, unemployment remains above the 14% mark, while retail trade growth fell again in August 2013, having turned positive for the first time in 12 months in Q2 2013. Nevertheless, we expect the recovery in household spending to gain traction in 2014, and hold our forecast at 2.0%, implying a much more significant contribution of 1 percentage point to headline growth, which has relied solely on external demand since the economic crisis hit.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2013 per capita food consumption growth = +3.43% year-on-year (y-o-y); forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2017 = +3.55% - - 2013 alcoholic drinks sales growth = +2.23% y-o-y; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +4.43% - - 2013 soft drinks sales growth = +2.77% y-o-y; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +3.25% - - 2013 mass grocery retail growth = +2.35% y-o-y; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +4.11%
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Trends
Wine Industry Rising in Importance: Despite their rapidly improving quality, as evidenced by the receipt of international accolades - Slovakia-made wines are virtually unknown outside the country. According to Jaroslava Patkova, executive director of the Grape and Wine Producers of Slovakia (ZVHV), Slovak winegrowers produce high-quality wine partly in order to distinguish their products from lower-quality imports, with which they cannot compete on price. Local varieties - created specifically for Slovakian soil and climate ¬- are estimated to account for around 3% of the vineyards in the country and are growing.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Singapore Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- India Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Netherlands Food & Drink Report Q1 2014