Fast Market Research recommends "Spain Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/21/2014 -- The Spanish petrochemicals industry is witnessing a solid recovery following a period of a sharp and prolonged downturn. Strong export growth will be crucial to the revival of the sector, but the industry will not get back to previous levels of production due to permanent plant closures in recent years, according to BMI's latest Spain Petrochemicals Report.
The Spanish petrochemicals industry shows signs of strengthening growth, returning to around 2010 levels amid a recovery in export markets and, to a more limited extent, domestic markets. In H114, the chemicals production index grew by an average of 3.6% year-on-year (y-o-y), while the rubber and plastic index grew by an average of 4.5%; this follows growth in 2013 of -1.0% and 1.5%, respectively.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- In view of improved market performance, we have raised our chemical production growth forecast from 2.0% to 4.3% while we have maintained our rubber and plastic growth forecast at 7%. Domestic household deleveraging limits any improvements in consumer spending on domestically manufactured end-use products.
- The automotive industry, a major local consumer of petrochemical products, is enjoying a revival due to exports. BMI forecasts vehicle production in Spain to increase 8.6% in 2014. Indeed, we expect to see resurgence in Spanish output on the back of strong fundamentals and improving vehicle sales in Europe, Spain's main export market; Europe's new car market grew nearly 6% y-o-y in H114. The domestic market is also showing increased potential with Spanish autos sales up 18.8% y-o-y, albeit from a low base and boosted by the re-introduction of government incentives.
In BMI's European Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings, Spain scores 67.5 points, up 0.3 points since the previous quarter due to an improvement in market risks as stronger growth returns to the petrochemicals industry. The country has clawed back some of the ground it lost during recession, but it is unlikely to fully recover over the medium-term...
The Spain Petrochemicals Report has been researched at source, and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for key petrochemicals sub-sectors. The report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing companies by products and services, sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Spain Petrochemicals Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Spanish petrochemicals industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent petrochemicals industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Spanish petrochemicals market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Spanish petrochemicals sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Spain.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis, covering petrochemicals markets, regulatory changes, major investments, projects and company developments.
Structure, size and value of the industry sector; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Petrochemicals Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (both corporate and financial) in the regional petrochemicals market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Rankings products.
Industry Trends & Developments
Evaluation of company and sector-wide developments, including key projects (as well as expansion plans), latest company financial details and proposed international ventures.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2009-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
Energy: Oil production (`000 b/d), oil consumption (`000 b/d), net oil exports (`000 b/d), gas production (bcm), gas consumption (bcm), net gas exports (bcm), oil refinery capacity (`000 b/d).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- United Arab Emirates Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Romania Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Israel Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Azerbaijan Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- United Kingdom Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Algeria Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Kuwait Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Ukraine Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014