Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/11/2014 -- Sports drinks growth improved in 2013 due to the influence of health and wellness trends in Bolivia. Consumers in Bolivia look for products that not only satisfy their thirst but also provide them with vitamins and minerals. Although sports drinks' main targets are consumers who perform some kind of sport activity, wide distribution is helping sports drinks reach other consumer types. Amongst them, older adults and teenagers are encouraged to purchase these products because they perceive them as healthier and beneficial to their health. Sports drinks are now distributed through traditional grocery retailers reaching a large consumer population.
Embotelladoras Bolivianas Unidas SA (EMBOL) led sales of sports and energy drinks in Bolivia with 55% retail value share in 2013. The company is able to position its Powerade and Burn brands thanks to its large distribution network. Through its efforts it was able to position Powerade as first in sports drinks in Bolivia. The brand is found through many retailers and it is also priced competitively so that it is quickly becoming the first option for Bolivian consumers of sports drinks. Within energy drinks the leadership is taken by Red Bull, the product of D&M Bolivia Ltda. Consumers are familiar with this brand and it is the most widely available through on-trade.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Sports and energy drinks are expected to continue growing at healthy rates in the forecast period. The main driver of growth in the forecast period is likely to be sports drinks. The increasing demand and consumer preference for sports drinks are expected to produce a CAGR of 10% in total volume terms through 2018. Energy drinks is likely to post healthy growth rates as well but at somewhat slower rhythm, at a CAGR of 4% in the period 2013-2018.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sports and Energy Drinks industry in Bolivia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sports and Energy Drinks industry in Bolivia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sports and Energy Drinks in Bolivia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sports and Energy Drinks in Bolivia?
- What are the major brands in Bolivia?
- What are key new sports and energy drinks launches and what impact impact did they have on #category#?
- Who are the key consumers of sports and energy drinks in Bolivia?
- What time of day are sports and energy drinks most commonly consumed?
- What trends motivate people to drink sports and energy drink in Bolivia?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Energy Drinks, Sports Drinks.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sports and Energy Drinks in the US
- Sports and Energy Drinks in China
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Colombia
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Estonia
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Germany
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Italy
- Sports and Energy Drinks in the Netherlands
- Sports and Energy Drinks in France
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Slovakia
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Portugal