Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Sun Care in the United Kingdom", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/25/2014 -- 2013 was not a strong year for sun care. The overall category declined by 3% in current value terms but grew by 1% in volume terms, solely thanks to sun protection. Although the summer was not extraordinarily sunny or hot in 2013, the UK did experience a mild heat wave for a couple of weeks in July, which helped raise volume sales of sun protection by 3%.
L'Oreal (UK) Ltd retained the number one spot in sun care in 2013, recording a 27% value share and sales of GBP72 million. The company has several brands in its portfolio, with Garnier Ambre Solaire, present in sun protection, self-tanning and aftersun, being the biggest seller and accounting for 77% of L'Oreal's sun care sales. The company's second largest brand, L'Oreal Sublime Bronze, is present in self-tanning. L'Oreal's long-term presence in sun care, coupled with ongoing advertising campaigns, enables the company to strongly lead the category.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Value sales at constant 2013 prices are expected to remain relatively flat over the forecast period, although the performance will be stronger than that seen in the review period. Volume sales, meanwhile, will grow faster than in the review period, with aftersun and sun protection both set to register a positive CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices. Sales of self-tanning are not expected to likely to pick up again as the TOWIE effect was short-lived. Only in the latter part of the forecast period is likely that the market will pick, albeit slowly.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sun Care industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sun Care industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sun Care in United Kingdom market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sun Care in United Kingdom?
- What are the major brands in United Kingdom?
- What is the most common sun protection factor?
- How are sales of self-tanners performing?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Aftersun, Self-Tanning, Sun Protection.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Suncare Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Skincare Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Skincare Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- Facial Care Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- Beauty and Personal Care in the United Kingdom
- The UK Feminine Care Market: What Consumers Use and Why?
- The Future of the Suncare Market in the UK to 2017
- The Future of the Make-up Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The UK Skincare Market: What Consumers Use and Why?