Fast Market Research recommends "Travel and Tourism in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Hosting of Winter Olympics Will Drive Investments In Tourism Infrastructure " from Timetric, now available
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/30/2012 -- According to the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), Russia ranked ninth in terms of the total number of inbound tourist arrivals in Europe in 2010. Travel and tourism in Russia contributed 1.3% to the national GDP and 1.5% of the country's total employment in 2011. Tourist volume in Russia increased from 152.88 million in 2007 to 170.65 million in 2011, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.79% during the review period (2007-2011). The growth in tourist volume could be attributed to factors such as the country's strong economy, rising disposable income levels and government initiatives to promote the country as an attractive tourist destination. Tourist volume in Russia is expected to reach 207.20 million in 2016, after growing at a CAGR of 3.96% over the forecast period. Russia has the potential to become one of the global leading travel and tourism economies over the next decade. Despite the current slowdown in growth trends, Russia's travel and tourism industry has positive long-term prospects. Over the forecast period, travel and tourism will continue to grow in importance.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The outlook for travel and tourism in Russia is positive due to the country's growing economy and government initiatives to promote the country as an attractive tourist destination.
- The Russian government aims to deploy sustainable marketing resources to present the country as a high quality and safe tourist destination.
- Short holidays are becoming more popular in Russia as affluent people prefer short breaks due to their busy working lifestyles.
- The number of small private hotels and recreation centers is increasing in rural areas, especially in areas close to major cities such as Moscow, Saint Petersburg and Sochi.
This report provides an extensive analysis of the travel and tourism market in Russia:
- It details historical values for the Russian travel and tourism industry for 2007-2011, along with forecast figures for 2012-2016
- It provides top-level analysis of the overall travel and tourism market, as well as individual category values for both the 2007-2011 review period and the 2012-2016 forecast period
- The report makes a detailed analysis and projection of tourist spending in Russia
- The report profiles the top travel and tourism companies in Russia
Reasons to Get this Report
- Take strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Russian travel and tourism industry and each sector within it
- Understand the demand and supply-side dynamics within the Russian travel and tourism industry, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
- Assess the competitive landscape in the travel and tourism market in Russia and formulate effective market-entry strategies
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Aeroflot OAO, UTair Aviakompaniya OAO, Sixt Russia, Rossiiskie Zheleznye Dorogi OAO, Murmansk Shipping Company, Trans Russia Express, Swissotel Krasnye Holmy, Red Star Hotel, TUI Russia & CIS
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Travel and Tourism in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Public-Private Partnership Investments are Driving Rapid Development of Transportation Infrastructure
- Travel and Tourism in Brazil, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Hosting of FIFA World Cup and Olympic Games to Promote Tourism Growth
- Travel and Tourism in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Tourism Infrastructure Benefiting From Government Investment
- Travel and Tourism in the Philippines, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Government Committed to Increased Investment and Regulatory Change to Promote Tourism Growth
- Travel and Tourism in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Travel and Tourism in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Travel and Tourism in Egypt, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Travel and Tourism in Mexico, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Travel and Tourism in Vietnam, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Travel and Tourism in Brazil, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015