New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "United States Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/21/2014 -- The US pharmaceutical market presents strong commercial opportunities across the industry. Total US pharmaceutical sales reached USD347.2bn in 2013 - more than three times the size of its nearest rival Japan. The US boasts the largest individual markets across the three core sub-sectors: patented, generic and over-the-counter medicines. State-level pharmaceutical markets in the country are larger than many country-level pharmaceutical markets.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals : USD347.2bn in 2013 to USD352.8bn in 2014; 1.6% growth in local currency terms. Forecast unchanged from Q314.
- Healthcare : USD2,918bn in 2013 to USD3,112bn in 2014; +6.7% growth in local currency terms. Forecast unchanged from Q314.
Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) : The US has a Pharmaceutical RRR score of 80.5 out of 100 for Q414. This is slightly higher than the 78.5 recorded in Q314 - which was due to an upgrade in BMI's forecasts for pharmaceutical expenditure over the next 10 years. This development underlines the attractiveness of the market to all multinational drugmakers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
The FDA announced the rates for ANDAs, prior approval supplements to an approved ANDA (PASs), drug master files (DMFs), generic drug active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) facilities and finished dosage form (FDF) facilities user fees related to the Generic Drug User Fee Programme for FY2015.
The US government said it will increase the operating payments that acute-care and long-term care hospitals receive from Medicare for inpatient care for the federal fiscal year that starts on October 1. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced a 1.4% rate update for 3,400 acute care hospitals and a 1.1% rate update for 435 long-term care hospitals for FY15.
It was revealed that the number of doctors willing to see pharmaceutical sales representatives in person in the US has dropped by a third over the last six years, as they...
The United States Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's United States Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the American pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for United States to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the American pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the American pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in United States.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- United Kingdom Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014