Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Venezuela Agribusiness Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/17/2014 -- Venezuela is on track to record another lacklustre year for agricultural production in 2014, as output price restrictions and soaring input prices are keeping a lid on investment in crops and machinery. Nicol?s Maduro and ruling Partido Socialista Unido de Venezuela made the choice of continuity in terms of interventionist policies, which will maintain a challenging environment for agricultural and food production. Price fixing in particular continues to be a source of woe for producers unable to meet input costs which are soaring in line with some of the highest rates of inflation in the world. Meanwhile, consumption remains relatively robust causing shortages of some imported goods.
- Corn consumption growth to 2018: 17.4% to 4.28mn tonnes. Consumers hit by economic turmoil will turn to the cheapest staple food, more than compensating for reduced demand from the livestock sector.
- Coffee production growth to 2017/18: -6.9% to 680,000 60kg bags. The outlook for coffee production in Venezuela remains dire, as hurdles to output expansion will remain in place over the coming years.
- Beef production growth to 2017/18: 3.5% to 367,500 tonnes. High input costs, cheaper Mercosur competitors and reduced domestic demand will stymie growth.
- BMI universe agribusiness market value: USD3.72bn in 2014 (up 0.9% from 2013; forecast to grow annually by 2.8% on average from 2014 to 2018).
- 2014 real GDP growth: 0.5% (down from 1.3% in 2013; forecast to grow annually by 2.2% on average between 2014 and 2018).
- 2014 consumer price index: 51.2% year-on-year (y-o-y) (up from 44.5% in 2013; forecast to grow annually by 31.4% on average between 2014 and 2018).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Venezuela's agricultural industry has been held back over the past decade by poorly executed control policies and limited agricultural inputs. The country's socialist government has for some time pegged its...
The Venezuela Agribusiness Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for production, consumption and trade across core agricultural commodities.
BMI's Venezuela Agribusiness Report includes independent commodity price forecasting and analysis for key agricultural outputs, an overview of the agribusiness competitive landscape and a discussion of the downstream context of agricultural production in relation to country food consumption forecasts and composite food and beverage trade forecasts.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful planning in dynamic agribusiness markets.
- Apply BMI's medium-term commodity price analysis to assist with budgetary planning and the identification of investment opportunities and potential risks.
- Assess the activities and market position of your competitors, partners and clients.
BMI Industry View
An analytical summary of BMI's latest key industry forecasts and views, highlighting recent changes and key risks to the industry outlook for agribusiness in Venezuela.
Industry SWOT Analysis
At-a-glance perspectives on the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats facing the agricultural industry.
BMI Supply & Demand Forecasts
Divided into sections based on various diverse sectors in the agriculture market, the chapter provides insight into each market's agricultural industry, centred on sector forecasts to end-2018 for the consumption, production and trade of key agricultural commodities.
Consumption forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the main drivers of consumption growth: macroeconomic factors, food processing trends, price movements and, increasingly, demand from the non-food sector.
Production forecasts examine the trends influencing BMI's production outlook: global demand, price increases, public and private sector investment and agricultural efficiency improvements.
Trade forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the factors influencing a country's trade in agricultural goods, including domestic demand, global prices and government trade policies.
BMI's forecasts are accompanied by a Risks- to-Outlook assessment, which examines potential factors that could affect our existing forecast picture and the likelihood of their occurrence.
BMI's Commodity Price Analysis
Fundamental and technical analysis of the short- and medium-term price outlook for key agricultural commodities, based on globally-recognised benchmarks.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Australia Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- China Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Canada Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- United States Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Morocco Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- New Zealand Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Italy Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Cameroon Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Iran Agribusiness Report Q3 2014