Fast Market Research recommends "Women's Health Therapeutics Market to 2017 - High Unmet Need will Drive Uptake of Novel Drugs Such as Prolia and Odanocantib in the Menopause and Osteoporosis Market" from GBI Research, now available
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) --02/07/2012 -- GBI Research, a leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research "Women's Health Therapeutics Market to 2017 - High Unmet Need will Drive Uptake of Novel Drugs Such as Prolia and Odanocantib in the Menopause and Osteoporosis Market". The report provides in-depth analysis of the drivers and barriers that affect the global Women's Health market and analyzes the markets for women's health disorders in the US, the top five markets in Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) and Japan. Treatment usage patterns, revenues and annual cost of therapy are forecast until 2017 for the key geographies, as well as for the leading therapeutic segments. Furthermore, the report provides competitive benchmarking for the leading companies and analyzes the mergers, acquisitions and licensing agreements that have shaped the global market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
GBI Research finds that the women's health therapeutics market will grow rapidly, largely due to the introduction of new therapies and the increased awareness among patients and physicians in two of the largest segments within WH disorders, the menopause and osteoporosis. Novel non-hormonal therapeutics will become more popular during the forecast period. Though many of the major selling drugs in the osteoporosis market are set to lose patent protection in 2012, the launch of effective therapies such as Prolia (recently launched in 2010) will drive the market revenues. The overall women's health therapeutics market is driven by postmenopausal osteoporosis and menopause. The endometriosis market is heavily genericized and lacks an effective and safe option for the treatment of endometriosis.
In 2010, the women's health therapeutics market was estimated to be worth $14,530m. GBI Research forecasts the market to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.9% between 2010 and 2017 to record a sales value of $24,671m in 2017.
The market has considerable unmet need, as the majority of the diseases in the market are served by hormonal therapeutics. Hormones have been shown to be associated with significant safety issues such as risks of breast cancer and cardiovascular disease. Hence, the use of hormones has declined and women are worried about resuming hormonal therapy for the treatment of the menopause/osteoporosis. There is an opportunity for pharmaceutical companies to develop drugs with greater safety profiles and more competitive prices.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Women's Health Therapeutics, Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016 - High Unmet Need will Drive the Uptake of Novel Drugs in the Menopause and Osteoporosis Markets
- Oncology Therapeutics Market to 2017 - High Unmet Need in the Management and Treatment of Metastatic Cancers to Drive Drug Development
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Pipeline and Commercial Insight: Osteoporosis - Novel agents to battle for payer acceptance
- Hepatitis Market to 2017 - Strong Hepatitis-C Pipeline, Large Number of Strategic Consolidations and Cost Effective Treatments will Drive the Market
- Pipeline Insight: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Pipeline set to offer only modest improvements
- Stem Cell Research Market to 2017 - Strong Pipeline, High Unmet Needs in Chronic Diseases and Favorable Government Policies to Boost Stem Cell R&D
- Pipeline Insight: Osteoporosis - Bone building drugs become the heart of the pipeline
- Osteoporosis Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy in Menopause - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017