New Food market report from Euromonitor International: "Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Iran"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/27/2014 -- Consumption of yogurt and sour milk has a long history in Iran. Yoghurt which is known as Mast in Persian language has been served beside many well-known Iranian cuisines like Chelo Kebab (rice with lamb meat) for many years. Traditional yoghurt is made from fresh milk inside the house as regular practice for many households. First, milk is boiled and then a spoon of yoghurt is added to the boiled milk. Finally, this mixture is put in a warm and dark place. After several hours, the boiled milk will transform into yoghurt. This process is still being done in many Iranian households, even in key urban areas. Traditional Iranian sour milk is then being made by adding water, salt and mint into this handmade yoghurt. This sour milk product is called Doogh and is used along with food as an alternative for carbonates or water.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Yoghurt and sour milk drinks can be regarded as products with a strong presence of local manufacturers. That means each city has its own local producers that only support a limited area, usually near the factory. However, there are several suppliers that have nationwide coverage. Kalleh Dairy Co, Pegah Dairy Co and Choupan Agro Ind PJS are the key suppliers of yoghurt with value shares of 29%, 24% and 14%, respectively. The rest of the market is for local manufacturers like Padratoos Dairy Co (covering only the north east of the country). Doogh is also dominated by Kalleh Dairy Co, Cheshme Nooshane Khorasan Co, Choupan Agro Ind PJS and Pegah Dairy Co, which accounted for 28%,18%,17% and 16% of the value share of sour milk drinks during 2013.
Yoghurt and sour milk drinks is expected to grow at a fast rate during the forecast period. Key suppliers will try their best to increase the speed of conversion from artisanal products to packaged alternatives. Yoghurt in particular, will benefit from many new launches of different flavours which encourage consumers to buy more. Doogh will also remain very dynamic due to its health benefits in comparison to cola carbonates. Key manufacturers of Doogh will try to offer new formulas to win the severe competition for shelf space. However, the impact of the high inflation rate and rapid growth of unit price will negatively affect this category. Many consumers who will not afford to pay for complicated products will have to buy basic offerings or even switch back to homemade yoghurt that means lower value growth for this category. Overall, this category will record a volume CAGR of 8% during the forecast period which is lower than the review period figure of 13%.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks industry in Iran with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks industry in Iran, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks in Iran market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks in Iran?
- What are the major brands in Iran?
- Which variety of yoghurt is performing better ? spoonable or drinking?
- In the wake of recent controversies, what does the future hold for functional probiotic products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Sour Milk Products, Yoghurt.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in the Netherlands
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Vietnam
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Taiwan
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in India
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Colombia
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Hungary
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Russia
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Denmark
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Australia
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Italy