Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/09/2014 -- Yoghurts are perceived as contributing to health and wellness due to their probiotic ingredients and high calcium content, especially if sugar-free. In recent years newly launched products contained less sugar and less fat than in the past, while demand for natural products rose. In this context, Greek yoghurt returned to shelves after several years, following a global trend of awareness of its contribution to health. As a result, plain spoonable yoghurt saw the fastest growth in 2013.
Tnuva Food Industries Ltd led sales in yoghurt and sour milk products in Israel in both 2012 and 2013, while second-placed Strauss Group Ltd closed the gap on Tnuva and managed to gain the same share of 36%. Tnuva holds the Yoplait yoghurt brand, while Strauss offers Danone. As a result both enjoy strong positions, reputation and a deep association with the dairy industry. Meanwhile, both players have been exposed to public criticism for increasing prices, and thus both often implement sales and attempt to differentiate their ranges by launching new products.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In future health and wellness is expected to continue to be the main factor in yoghurt and sour milk products, as awareness of yoghurt's contribution to health increases, affected by the global trend. In this context legal aspects of the term pro-biotic can be changed by prohibiting the use of this term on yoghurts, and thus other messages will be used.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks industry in Israel with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks industry in Israel, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks in Israel market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks in Israel?
- What are the major brands in Israel?
- Which variety of yoghurt is performing better - spoonable or drinking?
- In the wake of recent controversies, what does the future hold for functional probiotic products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Sour Milk Products, Yoghurt.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in the Netherlands
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Vietnam
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Iran
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Taiwan
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in India
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Colombia
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Hungary
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Russia
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Denmark
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Australia