New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Zimbabwe Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/25/2014 -- Zimbabwe's pharmaceutical industry suffers significantly from the country's frail economy and ongoing political instability, with neither expected to make any meaningful recovery in the medium term. Zimbabwe continues to have one of the highest Country and Industry R isks scores in the region , and the lack of foreign investment affect s its ability to import significant amounts of active pharmaceutical ingredients, which are n ecessary for the development of the local industry. With this in mind, the lack of competition within the pharmaceutical sector could provide opportunities for foreign drugmakers that are prepared to accept high risks.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: USD233mn in 2013 to USD251mn in 2014; +7.5% in US dollar terms. Forecast remains in line with last quarter's projections.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In BMI's RRR table for Q3 2014, Zimbabwe scores 29 out of 100, unchanged from last quarter. The country is still ranked 28th out of the 30 markets surveyed in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
Key Trends And Developments
The Zimbabwean government is working on a comprehensive funding model which aims to improve access to quality healthcare, reports The Herald. The model will see both the employed and unemployed population pay a fixed amount towards a pool. The system hopes to ensure that individuals no longer have to pay when visiting healthcare institutions. This comes as the government moves to fulfil the Abuja Declaration, which stipulates that at least five percent of the total national budget be allocated to the health sector.
Harare Polytechnic, a tertiary educational institution in Harare, Zimbabwe, has discovered a key ingredient used in the production of the drug Nevirapine, reports The Herald. The drug is used to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission, and is also used as a combination drug for HIV prevention. The active ingredient for Nevirapine is imported into...
The Zimbabwe Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Zimbabwe Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Zimbabwean pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Zimbabwe to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Zimbabwean pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Zimbabwean pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Zimbabwe.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- France Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Turkey Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014