Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/18/2014 -- Nuromol was launched by Reckitt Benckiser New Zealand Ltd in September 2011. The product contains 200mg of ibuprofen and 500mg of acetaminophen. The brand performed well, with value sales increasing by 377% between 2011 and 2013. Indeed, Nuromol's brand share of adult analgesics increased from 8% in 2011 to 29% in 2013. The brand now competes directly with combination products - analgesics category leader Panadeine, which held a 30% value share in 2013. Reckitt Benckiser New Zealand Ltd has invested in brand promotion and advertising between 2011 and 2013, which resulted in the positive performance of Nuromol.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
GlaxoSmithKline New Zealand Ltd was the leading player within analgesics during 2013. The company held a value share of 38% which was down on the 42% share that it held in 2008, yet in line with its 2012 value share. The company leads within adult analgesics and also possessed the top ranking analgesics brand, Panadol, during 2013. Panadol was the highest ranking acetaminophen brand in 2013, with a 78% value share. Similarly, GlaxoSmithKline New Zealand Ltd owns Panadeine, the top ranking combination products - analgesics brand during 2013. Panadeine held a 30% value share in 2013, still ranked higher than Nuromol. Nonetheless, Reckitt Benckiser's brand managed to close the gap between Panadeine and Nuromol, with the latter accounting for a 29% value share of combination products in 2013.
Nuromol is expected to continue driving growth within combination products - analgesics over the forecast period. Moreover, new product development within combination products - analgesics and topical analgesics/anaesthetic will also drive value growth within analgesics overall over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Analgesics industry in New Zealand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Analgesics industry in New Zealand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Analgesics in New Zealand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Analgesics in New Zealand?
- What are the major brands in New Zealand?
- Are combination products with acetaminophen still popular?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Consumer Health in New Zealand
- Analgesics in Indonesia
- Analgesics in Argentina
- Analgesics in Portugal
- Analgesics in Norway
- Analgesics in the United Kingdom
- Analgesics in South Korea
- Analgesics in the US
- Oil Search Limited Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update
- New Zealand Oil & Gas Limited (NZO) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile