New Financial Services market report from Datamonitor: "Australian Mortgages: Competitive Landscape and Product Innovation"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/26/2013 -- This brief is split into two sections. The first presents the strategic context, which considers the key players and their market share, and explores factors that affected their performance. The second chapter provides best-practice examples from around the world, and provides an analysis of how successful they may be with consumers in Australia.
- Understand how the competitive landscape has changed over the last year.
- Examine the strategies of lenders who have successfully increased their market share.
- Discover which lenders are innovating and how they are doing it.
- Understand best practice examples from around the world can succeed in Australia.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The market share of the top 10 mortgage providers has decreased as smaller lenders, particularly mutuals, have grown their share of the market and increasingly converted into banks. All lenders have had to deal with soft market conditions that have affected margins and profitability.
The Australian market has consolidated itself, with no new entrants tempted into the market. In August 2012, the top 10 players claimed 96.6% of the market share The majority of that proportion (81.4%) is held by Australia's "big four" banks, which have increased their market share through acquisition.
Best practice examples stem from CBA, CIBC, Lloyds TSB, Halifax, Nationwide, Standard Chartered, and Ulster Bank.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Why have some lenders lost market share while others were able to grow their mortgage books?
- Which players are competing the most heavily for mortgagors and what strategies do they employ?
- How can lenders learn from overseas mortgage providers to better position themselves in Australia's increasingly competitive market?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- UK Mortgages 2011
- Emerging Opportunities in Australia's Cards and Payments Market: Market Size, Trends and Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape
- Defense Expenditure in Australia to 2015 - Industry Dynamics and Competitive Landscape: Market Profile
- Defense Expenditure in Vietnam to 2015 - Industry Dynamics and Competitive Landscape: Market Profile
- Electrophysiology Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Spinal Fusion - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Refractive Surgery Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Paint Additives Market to 2016 - Rheology Modifiers and Biocides to Drive the Market
- Interventional Cardiology Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- The Australian Defense Industry - Competitive landscape and Strategic Insights to 2016: Market Profile
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)