New Transportation research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/19/2013 -- Things are looking up for the Bahraini shipping sector. The Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) is seeing volumes rise on the back of the massive hike in demand at Saudi Arabian ports. The consumer demand story also bodes well for domestic demand over the medium term, while the Port of Mina Salman could see tonnage volumes rise due to a house-building programme underway in the Kingdom.
Headline Industry Data
- Growth in Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) total tonnage throughput forecast at 7.4% in 2013, with average annual growth forecast at 6.0% between 2013 and 2017.
- Growth in KBSP container throughput forecast at 6.6% in 2013, with average annual growth of 6.0% over our forecast period.
- Real growth in total trade forecast at 9.0% in 2013 and to average 5.2% over the medium term.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends
Efficiency Helped Carrier At Bahrain Says APM Terminals: Netherlands-based port operator APM Terminals said in September that its Bahrain hub Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) efficiently managed a short notice call by Korean ocean carrier NYK Lines.
New 'Seabridge' Offers Hope For KBSP: BMI believes that a new strategy to be implemented by the Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) in Bahrain could help the facility begin to realise its transhipment aims. A new 'seabridge' feeder service to connect the port with the Saudi Arabian port city of Jubail could offer upside risk to our throughput forecasts over the medium term.
GAC Bahrain Receives Integrated Management Certification: Bahraini shipping company GAC Bahrain announced in December that it has received an integrated management certification. GAC Bahrain is the first Bahraini company to receive the certification, which includes the awarding of ISO 9001:2008 (quality management system); ISO 14001:2004 (environmental management system); and OHSAS 18001:2007 (occupational health and safety management system).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Taiwan Shipping Report Q1 2013
- Australia Shipping Report Q1 2013
- Vietnam Shipping Report Q1 2013
- Indonesia Shipping Report Q1 2013
- Kenya Shipping Report Q1 2013
- Latvia Shipping Report Q1 2013
- Chile Shipping Report Q1 2013
- Oman Shipping Report Q1 2013
- Philippines Shipping Report Q1 2013
- Greece Shipping Report Q1 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)