New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Bahrain Shipping Report Q2 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/27/2013 -- Things are looking up for the Bahraini shipping sector. The Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) is seeing volumes rise on the back of the massive hike in demand at Saudi Arabian ports. The consumer demand story also bodes well for domestic demand over the medium term, while the Port of Mina Salman could see tonnage volumes rise due to a house-building programme underway in the Kingdom.
Headline Industry Data
- Growth in Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) total tonnage throughput forecast at 7.4% in 2013, with average annual growth forecast at 6.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Growth in KBSP container throughput forecast at 6.6% in 2013, with average annual growth of 6.0% over our forecast period.
- Real growth in total trade forecast at 9.0% in 2013 and to average 5.2% over the medium term.
Key Industry Trends
Strong Throughput Growth In 2012: Throughput results for Bahrain's Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) have been released, showing a strong 11% increase in box throughput. The port benefitted from congestion at Saudi Arabian ports, in particular Dammam.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
GAC Bahrain TRACE-Certified: In February it was announced that GAC Bahrain, the shipping and logistics company, had had its commitment to ethical business practices confirmed when it was given its TRACE International certificate
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Australia Shipping Report Q3 2013
- Indonesia Shipping Report Q2 2013
- China Shipping Report Q2 2013
- Vietnam Shipping Report Q2 2013
- Greece Shipping Report Q2 2013
- Philippines Shipping Report Q2 2013
- Malaysia Shipping Report Q3 2013
- Pakistan Shipping Report Q2 2013
- Estonia Shipping Report Q2 2013
- South Africa Shipping Report Q2 2013