New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Bath and Shower in Mexico"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/07/2014 -- Beginning in mid-2011, the leading companies implemented strong price increases for soap. In the last year and a half, Procter & Gamble de Mexico's soap prices increased by almost 30%, after prices of liquid soap had stagnated for many years. Increasing production inputs forced companies to finally increase the price of soap. Tallow, a rendered form of mutton fat used in producing soap, is now very expensive.
With a value share of 34%, Procter & Gamble de Mexico maintained its lead in bath and shower in 2012. The company was able to maintain its lead in spite of recent increases in soap prices, thanks to the multiple brands it has in the Mexican market, and their popularity amongst Mexican consumers. Zest, Escudo, Camay and Safeguard are amongst the most popular brands the company has in bath and shower. Recently, the Camay brand was the most successful in maintaining its share, because of its relatively low price. Its Zest line, however, continued to suffer; its sales were not able to make a full recovery from the 2008 economic downturn, when many consumers switched to cheaper soap brands.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The economic recession forced many consumers to replace the bath and shower products they traditionally purchased with cheaper products, especially in bar and liquid soap. Yet, even after the economic recovery in Mexico, not all consumers switched back to their original brands. Given the permanence of the preference for cheaper goods amongst a large number of consumers, and the recent increase in soap prices, it is likely that the forecast period will see a further strengthening of cheaper soap brands, such as 4E de Mexico's Blumen brand.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bath and Shower industry in Mexico with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bath and Shower industry in Mexico, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bath and Shower in Mexico market research report includes
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as
- What is the market size of Bath and Shower in Mexico
- What are the major brands in Mexico
- How are sales of private label products evolving
- What is the importance of intimate washes in the overall category context
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Bar Soap, Bath Additives, Body Wash/Shower Gel, Intimate Hygiene, Liquid Soap, Talcum Powder.
- Market sizes (historic and forecasts)
- Company shares
- Brand shares
- Distribution data
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Mexico to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Peru to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in the United States to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Sweden to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Germany to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Egypt to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Indonesia to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Czech Republic to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Romania to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in the UAE to 2017