New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/03/2015 -- Net additions of 203 ,000 in Q314 in Bulgaria's mobile market might indicate that market correction has been achieved after more than two consecutive years of contraction since 2012. We also retain the view that the weak subscriptions growth opportunities, along with strong take-up of smartphones, will drive operators to develop their data service offerings to take advantage of value growth from non-voice services.
- The mobile market grew by 1.9% quarter-on-quarter (q-o-q) and by 3.2% y-o-y to Q214.
- Market blended ARPU at EUR5.9 in Q314 was stable year-on-year (y-o-y).
- The fixed-line market contracted by 4.6% in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
Bulgarian Telecommunications Company (BTC), which operates under the brand Vivacom, announced in September 2014 that it will acquire local radio and digital terrestrial TV broadcaster NURTS, pending regulatory approval. NURTS set up Bulgaria's free-to-air digital terrestrial TV (DTT) infrastructure, which covered 96.2% of Bulgaria's population in 2013.
Max Telecom launched the first commercial 4G LTE network in country. According to a press release, the mobile broadband service was initially available in Sofia, Ruse, Stara Zagora, Sliven and Bansko. In December 2011, Max won a 2?8MHz block in the 1800MHz spectrum band in an auction and revealed plans to roll out a pilot LTE mobile broadband network in H112. The operator selected Nokia Solutions & Networks (NSN) in July 2013 to build its LTE network, overlaying its existing WiMAX system. In December 2014, Bulgarian mobile operator Max reportedly planned to provide voice services through an internally-developed over-the-top (OTT) platform. The connection is likely to be built over Max's LTE and WiMAX networks, Wi-Fi hotspots and the networks of other operators.
As expected, Bulgaria's three mobile operators are reacting to the launch of Max Telecom's LTE service by investing in various network enhancement projects and value-added...
The Bulgaria Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Bulgaria's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Bulgaria Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Bulgaria.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Bulgaria to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Bulgarian telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Bulgaria's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Bulgaria.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ARPU, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G & 4G ), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-line Telephony - Telephone lines (?000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers (?000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; and where available, 3G & 4G subscribers (?000); 3G & 4G subscribers/100 inhabitants; 3G & 4G subscribers as a percentage of overall mobile market.
- Internet Markets - Internet users (?000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers (?000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2015