Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/08/2014 -- Growth within cider/perry began to slow in 2013, but still remained at a robust 18% in terms of total volume. This is indicative of a category that is still growing at a rapid rate but is beginning to approach a stage of increased maturity. This growth rate is down from a CAGR of 28% over the review period.
Foster's Stongbow continued to lead to cider in terms of total volume sales in Australia in 2013, accounting for 30% share. Strongbow's diverse range, brand awareness and extensive on- and off-trade distribution networks are all factors contributing to the brands leading position in Australian spirits. However, there still remain a number of threats to Stongbow's dominance, most notably a strong push from high-quality, affordable domestic and international brands aiming to claim higher share.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Cider has begun to mature, and this trend will continue over the forecast period with a predicted total volume CAGR of 14%. This combined on- and off-trade growth rate is significantly lower than over the review period where cider maintained a CAGR of 28%. This is indicative of a category that is beginning to approach maturity. However when contrasted to markets of similar demographics and consumptions patterns, such as New Zealand and the UK, cider has failed to reach equivalent penetration rates, which leaves room to expect continued robust growth beyond the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cider/Perry industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cider/Perry industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cider/Perry in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cider/Perry in Australia?
- What are the major brands in Australia?
- Is premiumisation expected to continue to be an important driver in cider?
- Who are the key consumers of cider: men, women, younger or older consumers?
- Where is cider mainly consumed- at home or away from home?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in the Top 5 American Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- In-Car Entertainment in Hungary
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Colorectal Cancer to 2019 - Favorable Pricing Policy in the US and Rising Prevalence in Europe and Japan Ensures Market Growth
- Consumer Foodservice in the Philippines
- Construction and Mining Machinery Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Business Survey: Revenue Growth Trends and Key Markets for Growth in 2013-2014
- Vitamin and Provitamin Markets in Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Consumer Foodservice in Argentina
- Consumer Foodservice in Ukraine