Fast Market Research recommends "Colombia Infrastructure Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/26/2015 -- We maintain our positive view of the Colombian construction industry through 2015 and forecast solid real growth of 10.8% in industry value. Our bullish outlook for the country is supported by new government policies to improve the business environment, a strengthening PPP framework, and more diversified sources of project finance.
Key Trends And Developments
- With continued strong backing from the Colombian government for the sector, we maintain our outlook of a healthy annual average real construction growth of 8.2% between 2015 and 2020.
- Strong economic growth - with real GDP growth of 4.6% forecast for 2015 - and expansion in coal and mining, coupled with the multiple signed free trade agreements are creating significant demand for new capacity and better quality infrastructure. Improved access to ports and adequate highways will be essential if the country is to meet the expected increase in exports.
- New rules regulating tax changes, force majeure, land expropriation, and environmental permits will significantly reduce the risk of investing in Colombia's ambitious road infrastructure programme. These measures will facilitate access to financing and will also strengthen the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model in the country.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk Factors Still Present
- Colombia scores just 3.7 out of 10 for corruption in the country risk section of our infrastructure Risk/Reward Index, following several corruption scandals within Colombia's public works sector. This illustrates our concern of the impact on the country's business environment.
- That said, a concerted effort is being made to stamp out corruption in awarding tenders. This has been shown by the creation of the new National Infrastructure Agency (ANI) - which replaced INCO as the official entity in charge of infrastructure concessions. In addition, the government has started implementing the OECD Transparency Mechanism for contract procurement (High Level Reporting Mechanism - HLRM). This...
The Colombia Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Colombia Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Colombian infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Colombia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Colombian infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Colombian infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Colombia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments. These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, pipelines and so on).
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the infrastructure and construction sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (up to 2012) and forecasts to end-2024 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key developments in the market and risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
Construction: Industry value (USDbn); contribution to GDP (%); total capital investment (USDbn); real growth (%).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Chile Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Greece Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Ukraine Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Infrastructure Report Q1 2015