Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Croatia Telecommunications Report Q1 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/22/2013 -- - BMI View: Croatia has one of the more developed telecommunications markets in CEE. It has managed to maintain relatively high ARPUs, given the high usage of VAS services. Croatia has one of the highest proportions of non-voice services as a % of ARPU, demonstrating that the Croatian population is relatively receptive to new technology and data services.
- Key Data
- Based on data from the main operators, BMI estimates that the Croatian mobile market had 5.296mn subscribers at the end of Q312. The latest regulatory data available is for Q212, when HAKOM revealed the market had 5.089mn subscribers.
- In Q212, the fixed-line market grew to reach 1.632mn subscribers, up. We have revised upwards our YE2012 forecast and now envisage nominal positive growth for most of the next five years. - In the broadband market, there were 1.206mn broadband subscribers at the end of Q212, 876,160 of which were fixed and 329,562 were mobile.
- Industry Trends And Developments
- In November 2012, mobile operators VIPnet and T-Mobile each secured 10MHz paired frequency blocks (making for a total of 20MHz apiece) in the 800MHz band. The operators each paid HRK150mn (EUR20mn) for the spectrum. The sale of the 800MHz 'digital dividend' frequencies was conducted by the regulator, HAKOM, over the September/October period. Although three frequency blocks were offered, only VIPnet and T-Mobile participated in the auction. The terms of the frequency licences require operators to cover at least 50% of the country within three years from an as-yet unspecified starting date. The spectrum will enable them to offer 4G services in sparsely populated areas.
- T-Mobile is already offering 4G services, however. In early October, the operator said it had extended 4G coverage to 20 districts in the capital, Zagreb. As a result, the operator now covered 50% of the city. Earlier, in late August 2012, T-Mobile said it had extended 4G coverage in the cities of Split, Rijeka and Osijek.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Iran Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q1 2013