Fast Market Research recommends "Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/29/2013 -- The Czech IT market continues to held back by the weak macro picture nationally and in the wider region, putting the market on a lower growth trajectory. The weak economic environment has negatively impacted both consumer and business confidence, while a climate of fiscal austerity is squeezing the value of public sector contracts. Despite these challenges the underlying growth dynamic of the IT market will ensure market growth remains in positive territory in 2013. Key trends in 2013 include demand for tablets and the rapid development of the cloud services market, while, over the medium term, a recovery in retail spending will add to the positive impact of government ICT initiatives, often backed by EU subsidies to propel growth.
Headline Expenditure And Forecasts
Computer Hardware Sales: CZK35.6bn in 2012 to CZK36.2bn in 2013, an increase of 1.9% in local currency terms. This is a minor downgrade to our forecast in the Q4 update as desktop and notebook sales declined faster than expected in the first quarter of 2013 as retail spending has been hit by stagnant wages and unemployment.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Software Sales: CZK19.7bn in 2012 to CZK20.5bn in 2013, an increase of 4.2% in local currency terms. Demand for enterprise software solutions is increasing, while we also expect growth in security software solutions in both the consumer and business markets.
IT Services Sales: CZK31.1bn in 2012 to CZK32.2bn in 2013, a local currency increase of 3.6%. Growing demand for cloud computing will add to the growth trend in the IT services market as Czech organisations upgrade IT systems to gain or maintain competitive advantage.
Key Trends And Developments
The first quarter of 2013 saw a faster than expected decline in desktop and notebook sales. BMI was already forecasting a decline in unit shipments due to the growing popularity of tablets in the Czech Republic, and now cheaper devices are hitting the market. However, unemployment and stagnant real wages appear to have squeezed shipments even further. There was, however, a silver lining for Microsoft partner vendors that are facing stiff competition from tablets, namely the traction gained by ultra-thin notebooks and hybrids/convertibles. Although these are nascent markets, we believe there is significant growth potential for multi-use case devices once mass market price points are reached, which we expect to occur in the short-to-medium term.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2013
- Graphene Electronics Market: Materials (PV, Electronics); Devices (Supercapacitors, Transistors, Spintronics, Sensors, ICs & Chips, Lenses); Products (Computing, Consumer, Memory, Display); Developments (Nanotubes & Ribbons, Fullerenes) (2013 - 2023)
- Republic Services, Inc. (RSG) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Royal Dutch Shell plc Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2012
- BG Group plc Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2012
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2012-2013: New Consumer Technology Solutions, Impact, Opportunities and Budgets
- Consol Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2012
- InterOil Exploration & Production ASA Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2012
- Total S.A. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2012
- Hess Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2012
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)