Fast Market Research recommends "Denmark Telecommunications Report Q3 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/31/2014 -- The Danish telecommunications market is highly mature and increasingly focused around value-added premium services. Most notably, while the broadband market is growing steadily on the back of demand for converged services, the mobile sector is beginning to show signs of fatigue with periodic declines in subscriber numbers linked to the retirement of low-value or inactive accounts. Curiously, adoption of M2M services lags other equally advanced European markets, although growth now seems to be accelerating. In this environment, there are scant opportunities for new or risk-averse investors, although the potential for niche value-added services is far from played out.
- The wireline market is forecast to continue shrinking, from 2.120mn connections in 2013 to 1.677mn by 2018. This is despite continued interest in VoIP connections and the effects of mobile substitution.
- The wireline broadband market is growing steadily, driven by the increased availability of very high-speed accesses such as fibre, VDSL and DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems. Subscriptions are forecast to grow from 3.409mn in 2013 to 3.848mn in 2018.
- The mobile market has matured. There were 7.702mn subscriptions as of 2013, a figure we forecast to decline to 7.683mn by 2018. Underlying growth come from 3G/4G migration and the movement of customers from prepaid to contract plans.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In late-June 2014, the Danish Business Authority met with the country's mobile operators to discuss the auction of 1800MHz frequencies planned for 2016. Currently, TDC, Telia Denmark and Telenor Denmark own concessions for this band, but these will expire in June 2017. The regulator sought views on operators' spectrum requirements, the possibility of reserving some spectrum for femtocells and repeaters and the format of the auction.
In April 2014, Telia Denmark and Telenor Denmark completed the integration of their 3G networks as per the terms of their infrastructure sharing...
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Vietnam Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Croatia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Ukraine Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q3 2014