New Transportation market report from MarketLine: "Deutsche Bahn AG: Going off the rails or on track?"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/27/2013 -- Deutsche Bahn is a German, state-owned transport and logistics services provider. While 2008-2012 was predominantly positive for DB in terms of financial results, the first half of 2013 gave cause for concern as revenues fell by 0.6% and profits plummeted by 29.2%. Recent service issues and calls for structural changes have caused reputational damage, and the future remains uncertain.
Features and benefits
- This case study looks at the operational and geographical diversity of Deutsche Bahn and how they help build a strong business
- This report looks at the staffing shortages currently plaguing the company and analyzes its sub-par performance in H1 2013
- This case study looks at what the future may hold for one of Germany's largest companies. Is an IPO on the cards?
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Deutsche Bahn's very name suggests that it operates passenger rail services exclusively in Germany but the company also has interests in areas such as logistics and freight, other public transport, train stations, and energy. Geographically, the company is also well-diversified. Its operations spanning several continents.
Since a fall in revenues and profits during 2009, the company has recovered well. Revenues, profits, and margins have increased, but H1 2013 results showed a decline in fortunes. Staffing shortages have caused havoc and the company's reputation has been damaged by widespread negative media coverage and the need for a crisis meeting in August 2013.
Deutsche Bahn's future remains uncertain and is the subject of much speculation, particularly with regards to a possible flotation. There is also much talk of service expansion both within and outside of Germany and the company's recent financial performance has put the spotlight on the company's fundamental structure and operations.
Your key questions answered
- What does Deutsche Bahn do?
- Where is Deutche Bahn active?
- What issues is Deutsche Bahn currently faced with?
- What does the future hold for Deutsche Bahn?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Deutsche Bahn AG - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Deutsche Bahn AG - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Deutsche Bahn AG: Transport and Logistics - Company Profile & SWOT Report
- Deutsche Post AG (DPW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Deutsche Lufthansa AG (LHA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Deutsche Post AG - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Road Freight in Germany
- Transportation Services in Germany
- Railroads in Germany
- Rail Freight in Germany
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)